This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Some are new ones I made up on my own. Thats as close as youre going to get to me giving a shit. Remember that time you were saying that thing I didnt care about? 10. It reminded me to take out the trash. If your brain was dynamite, there wouldnt be enough to blow your hat off. Awww, are you having a bad day? Why don't you head home and try again tomorrow. As you can see from this list of the best comebacks compiled by . Funny comeback: Sorry not sorry, as they say "This exchange happened accidentally between me and my boyfriend the other day and it's been legendary for us ever since: After making an honest . They make for some pretty good comebacks! "No" No, is a negative statement but you have chosen to use it wisely to tell the other party that you don't wish to be quiet. "Why?" How do you respond when someone says Shut up? Its been found that, in certain situations, holding your tongue can be more destructive than giving a comeback. Its kind of hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence. Good Comebacks For Jerks Don't Have To Be Complicated You have the rest of your life to be a jerk, why don't you take the day off Do you like nature, despite what it did to you? And if they dont, itll fluster them enough to stop for a moment. Funny comebacks can be great for friends, siblings, and bullies. Im not insulting you, Im describing you. You might like: 22+ Witty Comebacks for I Dont Care. When they aren't getting the attention which they crave, they spew toxic, bad attitudes everywhere. How Are Sons of Narcissistic Mothers Affected in Life? That must suck. You almost reached a level of coherency resembling my newborn son. I dont have the time or the crayons to explain this to you. As you can see, there are plenty of comebacks for shut up. When someone tells you to shut up, you do not have to be rude or disrespectful. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. And a statement like this hits where it hurts the mosttheir ego. However, there are times when a witty comeback is needed in order to put the other person in their place. How do you get it to come out of the nostrils like that? Flirty Comebacks for "Shut Up" Of course, the top flirty response to "shut up" is probably saying something like "make me," if said in a sultry voice. You're a gray sprinkle on a rainbow cupcake. Your secrets are always safe with me. You cant get more direct than this, can you? No matter where you go, people, have a way of getting into your head by hurling out savage insults or mean remarks. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. People like you are the reason God doesnt talk to us anymore. The next 10 replies to shut up are designed for roasting bullies. I try to be, it's tough going these days. Like the first good comeback, this one brings something to the bullys attention that they may not be aware of. No matter how much a snake sheds its skin, it's still a snake. Itll make them angry in the short term, but it might also open their eyes to their behavior later on. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Nice. Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud? It just might be enough to make them reconsider their direction in life. Youll be surprised at how liberating itll feel when you stand up for yourself. "Psh, whatever." 3. This article has been viewed 5,482 times. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Please, Lead by example. Ill stop talking when you start listening. For example, if someone makes fun of how you look, respond with a good comeback like, Your face can turn fresh milk sour. Lets see how they respond to that! Be relaxed, as usual. 6. Take that up with your mom and dad. Otherwise, youre just an ass. Being told to keep your mouth shut will always sting, no matter what the situation is. Did they teach you that in Anger Management class?, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-9.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. You are so full of shit, the toilets jealous. We've put together a list of comebacks for "shut up" for every situationwhether you're saying it to a friend, bully, sibling, or crush. Best roasts & comebacks that'll save your day 1. "You're being ridiculous." 4. 10 Top comebacks for shut. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (Official Video) WALK THE MOON 813K subscribers Subscribe 2.2M 410M views 8 years ago #WALKTHEMOON #dancemonsters #OfficialVideo "Shut Up and Dance" by WALK. In those situations, its best to apologize when you get the chance. The next time it happens, give this response and walk away. This is a brilliant line to use when you say something factual about a bully, and they tell you to shut up. A funny comeback will help you win any argument. Just one day of you not being an idiot would relieve all of us some stress. LFG," Bryant tweeted. Clever Replies 19. In a recent TikTok upload, Ciara, 37, responded to a fan who inquired . It's impossible to underestimate you. "I don't know what you're talking about." 5. I feel so happy every time you stop talking.. Sometimes, the best thing to do when someone tells you to STFU is to simply walk away. 7 Reasons Why! The moment they ask you a personal question, tell them: Can I whisper in your ear?, and theyll have your full attention for a moment. Obviously, you can use stronger language here. 25 Phrases That Stop Bullies in Their Tracks. Founded in 2010, Thought Catalog is owned and operated by The Thought & Expression Company, Inc. For over a decade, we've been at the bleeding edge of media, pioneering an infrastructure for creatives to flourish both artistically and financially. If you cant get through to them, just talk like them! If you don't want to engage, end the conversation and talk to someone else. Why not take today off? You should come with a warning label. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and poop out a smarter statement than whatever you just said. There are some annoying people who will tell you to shut up after or in the middle of telling a story. Comeback: don't tell me you are stupid enough to think I have gold sparkly eyelids. Biden Announces Executive Actions Meant To Help Reopen Schools. 30+ Baddie Comebacks to Insults 1. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-12.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Make you should eat makeup so youre pretty on the inside. Also, youll learn how to shut someone up when its necessary. You're giving me a lot of your attention, and while I'm flattered, I'm not available. Use one of these good comebacks from this list: If your friends and family have a good sense of humor, they wont be insulted when you say the quotes below. Aww, its so cute when you try to talk about things you dont understand. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/de\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-17.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-17.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/de\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-17.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-17.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Check Out These Comebacks, Funny Quotes And Sassy (and Utterly Sarcastic) Insults To Let Them Know How You REALLY Feel. A silent jerk is one of the most peaceful feelings ever. Hopefully, theyll take the hint! Now, what if youre not romantically interested in them? And who knows, maybe youll even come up with a better comeback than the ones weve listed here. His interests as a writer include space exploration, science education, immigration, Latinx cultures, LGBTQ+ issues, and long-form journalism. You are like a cloud. But when it comes to their precious time, they would never imagine wasting it. I cant. You remind me of a pennytwo-faced and not worth much. Dont hate me because Im beautiful. Your comeback: You can act like the man himself and ignore the fact checking during debates, the articles listing his lies and his rating on Politifact (a website that fact checks politicians' statements for accuracy), but the odds are stacked against you. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. Oh, Im sorry. "Get a life LOL" "Like yours? So there you have it, the next time someone tells you to shut up, you can give them a witty comeback that will hopefully shut them up instead. Keep reading to find the perfect comeback for you! Of course Im talking like an idiot how else could you understand me? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Youre the reason God created the middle finger. Theres something against being silenced that feels unjust, and you wish you could get a bit of revenge with your words. Use this acronym. "You never smile LOL" "Yes, I do. "I have the right to express myself.". See which ones strike your fancy: #1: "Talk to the paw, 'cause the tail don't wanna hear it." This is best delivered with a faux sassy tone. Cover your ears if you dont want to hear what Im saying. Boy: Fuck you, you little bitch! 5. Dont let any jerk get to you and see your weakness. Id slap you but I dont want to make your face look any better. I work with a couple guys always having bad things to say about me one more than the other saying mean hurtful things to me , Ive tried to control myself because I have a bad temper. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But I Don't Have The Ability And there you have it20 of the best ways to respond to shut up, from the benign to the murderous. The message is the same: stop texting. Reading Suggestion:Is It Selfish To Move Away From Family? Itll be embarrassing if they turn out to agree with the know-it-all instead of you. If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, then these nine statements take it to a whole new level. You need a kiss on the neck from a crocodile. January graduated with an English and Literature degree from Columbia University. I decided, for my own sake that I would like to have all of my insults/comebacks on my blog in one place. Savage Comebacks. Im trying to imagine you with personality. Were you born on the highway? I was hoping for a battle of wits but you appear to be unarmed. Otherwise, instead of appearing witty and charismatic, youll come off as abrasive and rude. Your mouth must taste like shit all the time. Here are 10 good comebacks to shut someone up: 1. It may make them think theyre being ungrateful, but itll make them angry, and thats more important. If I throw a stick, will you leave? One thing might lead to another. Make that chatterbox stop with these zingers: When someones meddling in your business when theyre not supposed to, whip this out. There are five different love languages. Sometimes, bullies arent even aware of their behavior. Its a nonsensical retort thats meant to confuse anyone who hushed you. Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours? If it's "shut up bitch!", then you're right! "You're such a nerd" "Thanks for calling me smart, honey." "I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you." 5. For example: "Remember when I asked for your opinion? You are a pizza burn on the roof of the worlds mouth. Either way, these responses can make them hush up in a hurry. Why Should You Use Comebacks When Someone Tells You to Shut Up? This response is a straight-up insult, and its something you use when you can afford to lose your relationship with the husher. 50 Hilarious Comebacks That Will Shut Everyone Up (And Make You Look Like A Genius) By Mlanie Berliet , February 22nd 2016 Flag https://thoughtcatalog.com/?p=568036 1. The best comeback for shut up is, "Usually, shut doesn't go up." A good comeback to shut your face could be. If they dont take offense, thats good. You remind me of a migraine. 7 Reasons Why! I will ignore you so hard you will start doubting your existence. "I'd like to, why don't you come a little bit closer?" "Are you going to come over here and give me a mouthful?" "I'd like you to make me." "And how might I do that?" Etc. That's one of the reasons why this comeback works best for people who can't stop making negative comments about your job, personal choices, and opinions. Returning an insult with humor is always a positive way to respond. If you have an opinion about me, raise your hand. Now lets take a look at precisely why you should clap back when someone tries to hush you, You might be wondering: Some of these retorts seem rude and confrontational. Smart and witty comebacks to "Shut up" When someone is deliberately trying to be rude by telling you to shut up, you should answer in a way that makes you seem like the more sophisticated person. 15. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Things You Should Know This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-14.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-14.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ec\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-14.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-14.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. You look like something that came out of aslow cooker. 1. By using our site, you agree to our. Light travels faster than sound, which is why you seemed bright until you spoke. "People clap when they see you. When they say you need to shut up, you tell them theyre an asshole and you dont care about their opinions in one fell swoop. Check out our collection of articles full of tips, tricks, and ideas to help get the conversation flowing! People like you are the reason Im on medication. Im glad he never met you, because that song is a classic. Thats your parents job. A snide "Oh that's real smart," or "Nice try, but try again," spoken in muffled tones can catch you off guard . Some people just looove talking. 2. Saying The truth hurts, doesnt it? doubles down on your claim and rubs salt on the wound. Once you stop replying, theyll feel like theyre lecturing a wall, and theyll stop texting. Talk to a responsible personlike a trusted adult or authority figureif somebodys behavior makes you uncomfortable. Maybe theyre trying to make you like them or think you need a dressing down or something. You have to strike back with the wittiest and most creative comeback while its still hot. Are they really necessary?. If they keep saying mean things, you can put your hand up and say, sarcastically, Thanks for the example, youve done a great job.. (Good Forfeits for Losing), What is the Starfish Position for Shifting Realities? People are too absorbed in their own lives and feelings that they normally wont worry about yours. It is better to shut these bullies now with sarcastic comebacks . I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you. If someone were to tell you to shut up, do you have a witty comeback handy? "You're as useful as the wings on a motorcycle." 4. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-1.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. You're the reason God created the middle finger. Speak now or forever hold your breath. Youre not stupid! Here are the best comebacks for shut up: Lead by example. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. Venus and Jupiter will shine extremely close in the night sky on March 1, 2023. This one could really drive someone nuts, especially if theyre your sibling or close family member. Guy: Nice guys like me don't date girls with makeup on. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. And many people it seems, can't afford to buy into it.". Its a quick, cutting dismissal of both their opinions and telling you to shut up. Your lips are moving, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah. A Huge List of Insults and Comebacks. Youre cute. Bring it up with them later if youre not sure what you did wrong. Dec 29, 2017 - Explore K O T A A's board "COMEBACKS", followed by 1,538 people on Pinterest. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. I hope thats clear enough to make them quiet. Jan 17, 2017 - Sometimes People Just Need To Hear It. Remember, the best comebacks are usually the ones that are the most personal and specific to the situation. If you want to express your thoughts, speak upespecially when you feel youre being treated unfairly. Think of it this way: They just told you to shut up, but instead of getting mad, you empathize and ask if theyre having a bad day. This is best used when your date suggests doing something you find boring. I'm just intelligent beyond your understanding." - Anonymous 3. Me neither. If your brain was dynamite, there wouldn't be enough to blow your hat off. 4. Best Comebacks To Shut Up A good comeback is often the most effective response to someone telling you to 'shut up.' I wish closed minds came with closed mouths. Does this line make sense to you? 'I Don't Understand This, So It Must Not Be True' There are a lot of things I don't understand - like the appeal of skydiving. Enjoy!About us. After all, its easy to put people in their place when theyre being excessively rude, especially if you believe theyre wrong. It is up to you to assess the situation and decide on the best course of action. The below are all context-dependent. Hold still. Jesus might love you, but everyone else definitely thinks youre an idiot. This witty comeback is best used when youre in a group and making a suggestion. Go suck a dick/ass!!! 13 Seanakins9 1 yr. ago Pick the ones you like most and keep them handy. And if they still dont get the message, then you can move on to your last resort: Thats rightsimply dont reply. (The bully states his opinion) so I think you should shut up., Sorry, I must have misled you to think I care.. When youre not in the mood and someone still spends too much time lecturing you, tell them this. You interrupted their train of thought, and thats a good feeling. 2. 1. How To Annoy a Passive-Aggressive Person? Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. You're just mad that your dad's pussy is pinker than yours. "I didn't know faces could shut." A good comeback to shut up could be, "And if I don't." Shut don't go up, prices do. Then, after raising your hand, put it in your mouth. "I'll speak when I want to.". Good story, but in what chapter do you shut up? This response tells the bully precisely what you think about them. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Please just tell me you dont plan to home-school your kids. Keep rolling your eyes, you might eventually find a brain. Have you ever tried to give someone some well-meaning advice, but they dismissed it by telling you to shut up? Some of the best comebacks are sarcastic ones, and this is a prime example. The people who tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b3\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b3\/Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-7.jpg\/v4-728px-Comebacks-for-Shut-Up-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

shut don't go up comeback 2023