This is a great product used it a few time now. 6000 You can heat the coat to speed up the drying process. Spray Passes: Use 1-2 spray passes with 50% overlap. Place aerosol on firm ground upside down. I ended up painting the tank, let it sit a week (until the chemical odor disapated), scuffed the tank, and sprayed the 2k. Q: The good thing is that they both come in two large containers. No two automotive clear coat products are the same. SE1 9RS Support small. Wanting a Tele pickguard w/ a Jazzmaster neck pickup, New reverend horton heat record on bandcamp. . Thanks guys. I bought this clear to re-spray my wheels and it was outstanding! Eastwood's 2K AeroSpray? And if you want to use it as a sealer, you have to get the Transtar 6700 Urethane Grade Reducer. The company is based in Vernon Hills, Illinois, and now manufactures protective paints and coatings for residential and commercial use. Reviewed in the United States on January 30, 2014. We pride ourselves on quality products, competitive prices and outstanding customer satisfaction. It is the perfect product to use on bare metals because it offers excellent adhesion. Using duplicolor high heat engine paint for the primer and the color/top coats and then baking the part to harden the paint worked far better. The 2K clear coat we supply is the best quality and will allow you to protect your vehicles paint for even longer. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Suffice to say I have painted a lot of things with Grimmspeed's WRB paint. This epoxy primer is specially designed for the mobile repair industry. I was thinking the 1k acrylic enamel could provide a thicker layer of protection than the 2k polyethylene. Thats partly thanks to its sleek, glossy clear coat. Epoxy primer works best on bare metal and is recommended for newly-fabricated metal parts or those that have been fully stripped. Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2021. Place aerosol on firm ground upside down. Clear coat is essentially a transparent paint that is used to cover the colored layer of paint underneath. We are sorry. I purchased this to repaint the motor mounts on my 4th gen Camaro build to go along with my beautiful powdercoated tubular K-member and associated suspension parts. You are better off with a clear coat with a gloss level of 90 units. We feel that our product not only matches market leaders like SprayMax 2K clear coat but goes above and beyond. The aerosol spray comes ready to use, all you need to do is shake it beforehand. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks. This product is from a small business brand. Reviewed in the United States on March 2, 2014. The kit includes one container of epoxy primer and one container of epoxy hardener. There are no members to list at the moment. Joined Aug 5, 2011 Posts 498 Location NW Georgia. Use the high-gloss clear coat for maximum shine on modern vehicles or flat clear coat spray to get maximum durability and imperfection masking. Protect new paint jobs with a coat of 2K AeroSpray clear from Eastwood. Read more. An epoxy primer is a resin-based sealer that forms a non-porous surface once it cures. Support the site. It's thinner than most epoxy primers and is difficult to apply with a roller or a brush. I did a base coat /clear coat on the nose of my 08 Saturn about 3 years ago. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Error posting question. The remedy on a new paint job, when you sand through clear to the base, is to apply another touch up coat of base over the sand through, then apply clear to the entire panel. Commercial Electric Recessed Lighting 6-pack, epson premium presentation paper matte 8x10, can i give my 11 month old chocolate milk, Use quotation marks to search for an exact phrase, e.g. Some clear coats are formulated with UV-resistant compounds to prevent UV rays from discoloring your car. When trying to correct any uneven areas or iron out the smoothness, work slowly. Seems like it's the best aerosol option for a hard, non-yellowing, glass-like finish, but I guess bad batches occur. You can also get it together with a VOC reducer to decrease the quantity of volatile organic compounds. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. Remains permanently flexible to resist cracking or peeling, Can withstand high temperatures of up to 300 degrees, KBS Coatings 8504 Diamond Finish Clear Coat, USC Spray Max 2k High Gloss Clearcoat Aerosol, Speedokote SMR-130/75 K-M-Automotive Clear Coat, Protects against fading, chipping, and cracking, Protects against rust in rust-prone areas. The major difference is that a 2K gloss clear coat needs either a catalyst, an activator, or a harder. I was able to do the headlights on three vehicles. Je[+"d # Q}U -9 U|\ '>TLcF. Contrary to standard aerosol paint technology, Spray Max uses an innovative nozzle technology in combination with a new propellant technology. I have used both of these products independently. It comes in an aerosol can for easy application. For starters, some users have complained about it not being more durable than a conventional 1K primer. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. In the past I have used the Grimmspeed clearcoat as well as Spraymax 2K Glamour High Gloss, both with decent results. After it cures, you can apply several coats of paint on top of it and the finish will be very smooth. It has been tried and tested by both professionals and DIYers, so you can buy it with confidence. Innovation -unit. Vehicle: 2002 TOPSCOOB031. The zinc phosphate is added because of its corrosion-inhibiting properties. Volatile organic compounds are present in many building materials. Its recommended that you apply multiple coats for a glossier finish. Restore your vehicles sleek look and protect the paintwork with automotive clear coats. And if you live in an area with a lot of humidity, make sure the product has the ability to block moisture. A lot of guys like Rustoleum satin black or wrought iron black. It dries at top speed and will ensure you complete your priming jobs without sacrificing quality for speed. The clear coat and activator are mixed to perfection from separate chambers while the innovative nozzle has a wide fan pattern like that of HVLP paint guns. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Therefore being a true 2K, there is a pot life. I have used the spraymax 2k many times. ERA Paints offer a range of industry-leading products that help people across the country take control of their vehicles clear coat repair work. Check out our selection of touch up paint products and get fantastic value when purchasing your 2K clear coat paint. Technology, performance and design delivered to your inbox. This 2k urethane Clear Coat spray has a much higher U.V. Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2022. Two-part epoxy primers are mostly used on steel and concrete and industrial applications like tank exteriors, water treatment plants, marine equipment, and power plants. The primer has a pot life of four hours in a setting with a temperature of 85 degrees Fahrenheit. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. You must log in or register to reply here. I my opinion its a terrific product for the inexperienced and works great for a garage environment with little or no airflow. Western Australia From the kinds of protection offered to the level of gloss and shine created, each has its own pros and cons. And since the spray pattern is very wide, the film may be quite thin. watthefuckever Tattoo soo 30 coates of lacquer is better than spray can DUHHHHHH! duplicolor and spraymax 2k real advice????? Only ever lightly sand the area, we never want to affect the base color. And if the moon is full over your left shoulder, and a toad in your right front pocket thats r-can on the sprint body shop swears its ditzler ,guess you dont have the hands. Technology, performance and design delivered to your inbox. Once every four weeks should be the absolute minimum. All you need to do to activate the product is give it a quick shake. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This two-part epoxy primer can be applied on fiberglass, gelcoat, sandblasted surfaces, rough concrete, and rough plaster. Auckland 3M Plastic Sheeting With 388N Yellow Masking Tape (36 mm), 06724, Tear Resistant, Easy To Cut, Durable, 16 ft x 400 ft, 3M P95 Respirator, Half Face, Disposable, 53P71, Large Size, Protection Against Organic Vapors and Particulates, Surgical Blue Tack Rags - 12 Pack (Made in USA), LiME LiNE Clear Automotive Basecoat Paint, Quart, Intercoat Binder, Carrier for Transparent Candy Paint Metallics and Pearls, Carfidant Ceramic Coating Spray - Premium Paint Polishing Spray - Hydrophobic Paint Sealant Polish Spray, Spray Can Paint Shaker Mixer - Drill Powered Paint Shaker Electric Paint Shaker Miniature Spray Paint Shaker Paint Can Shaker Electric Spray Paint Can Mixer Rattle Can Shaker Electric Paint Shaker, The Army Painter Color Primer Spray Paint, Matt White, 400ml, 13.5oz - Acrylic Spray Undercoat for Miniature Painting- Spray Primer for Plastic Miniatures, POR-15 Rust Preventive Coating- Semi-Gloss Black - 1 Gl - Stop Rust & Corrosion Permanently, Anti-Rust Non-Porous Protective Barrier, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Eastwood 2k Aerosol Spray | Clear Coat Automotive Paint Aerosol Spray with Long-lasting and Durable Finish 12 Oz Can | Clear Coat. Eastwood has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on our entire line-up of DIY automotive paints, primers and clears. It is used as a final sealant prior to painting and also functions as a starter coat for steel. They are, after all, written by the product developers. Most Durable Quality Spraypaint Clearcoat - Eastwood Diamond Clear vs Spraymax 1K. Once it cures, it becomes very hard and lasts for a long time. Eastwood 2k Aerosol Spray | Clear Coat Automotive Paint Aerosol Spray with Long-lasting and Durable Finish 12 Oz Can | Clear Coat $39.99 ($3.39/Fl Oz) Eastwood Fills Pinholes Imperfections Scratches Contour Glazing Putty 5 Oz $21.99 Product Description At Eastwood, we have over 4,000+ products to meet your every need. I was quoted $700 at the dealership for a deep scratch about 2" long! They help cover up dents, chips, and scratches and require more polishing to get a glossy finish. Looks great on the oil breather too. Any closer, and it may drip or bubble. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use. HighwaystarGarage. I have a vw jetta and I did not plan to use primer as my mission was to fix. Choose the epoxy primer based on the material or you will be disappointed because it won't adhere. A gallon is enough to cover up to 150 square feet. MS-22 2K Clear TDS. Generally speaking, 2K clear coat is double the price of the 1K alternative, but for a good reason. I like the color choices that Duplicolor offers and would like to use these as the base coat. With an In-house product design, development and testing and a strong track record of high-quality, innovative products. Home advantages of viral marketing eastwood 2k clear vs spraymax. You might check out the clear coat made by VHT it is made for wheels and calipers. They didn't say it would not work, but would not recomend it. ERA Paints 2K Clearcoat - provides 100% UV protection and superior gasoline and chemical resistance compared to 1K clearcoats. The primer quickly primes the surface and the hardener makes the coat tough and durable. It is designed using Eastwood's patented technology and provides a long-lasting finish, keeping your material beautiful for years to come. The 2K ADC paint is for customers who require 2K or 2 pack paint and materials without the health concerns associated with Isocyanates. Eastwood Durable Paint 2K Aerosol High Gloss Clear Spray 12 Oz 4.7 (444) $11563 ($16.29/100 ml) FREE delivery Mar 6 - 14 Only 6 left in stock. Using innovative packaging, this 2K epoxy primer has more yield, broader spray pattern and faster working speed than other standard aerosols. Allow 5-10 minutes between coats. a few mins between coats took a while to dry maybe 18 hours or so . This 2K spray paint uses our revolutionary aerosol technology to produce a two-component clear in a single-stage application. The 1:1 mixing ratio makes for more precise mixing. The major difference is that a 2K gloss clear coat needs either a catalyst, an activator, or a harder. Apparently some nastiness there if you breathe it. The standout products that made this list were those made by reputable brands as well as those that had highly positive user reviews, with feedback that consistently noted how well each performed in real-world settings. An epoxy primer has one main job: to offer protection against rust and corrosion. Benefits 2K over 1K spray paint Scratch resistant Petrol resistant Chemical resistant UV resistant Does not yellow Ok it seems from the MSDS for SprayMax that it is acrylate resin, with Aliphatic polyisocyanates hardener. 1010 Two Component Technology in a Can for the Best Appearance and Durability. Professional grade clear coat, can sprays like a professional spray gun. This is a two-component primer which contains a sealer and zinc phosphate. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I could be mistaken, but I believe the Eastwood is just the SprayMax with Eastwood's name on the label. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. It has a wider spray pattern than traditional aerosols. You'll achieve professional results from an easy-to-spray aerosol. What we do and how we work Formula for Innovation and Impact, and Model for Scale. It may not be maximum UV protection, but just enough to preserve your cars original color for a longer period. Ive worked with a lot of different clear coats but 2K in a rattle can?! On a side note, what kind of coverage can you expect out of a can? Yes please! So make sure you can use it up, once you start using it. Approx. In the Swim has designed this top-of-the-line epoxy primer for swimming pools. #17. Manage Settings Good to hear. I've repainted several bikes, but have been disappointed with the durability of rattle can paint. If you want to spend less money, you can opt for the Duplicolor Clear Exact-Match Automotive Top Coat for a quick fix of your clear coat right in your home garage. Anyone added a 4nf cap to simulate the sound of older cables? When activated and shaken vigorously the result is a product that is formulated to smoothly apply. Unfortunately no. Reviewed in the United States on October 1, 2022. Also, sanding between coats will only extend the time you need to get the job done. For this application (picture 1), I wetsanded with 600 until the color of the sanded plastic particles changed from yellow to white, and then used 1000 grit for 11 minutes and 2000 grit for 8 minutes (per headlight). Keep up to date with all the latest Innovation Unit news, content and events. And since it comes in a small size, it may not be enough for your project. Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, wisdom of the crowd assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. Wear protective gloves and masks to reduce your exposure to toxic fumes. Always start out with a light coat and get heavier with each layer. If you are in the market for an epoxy primer that does not need to be mixed with a sealer or another product for the best results, this is it. Picking the best epoxy primer may seem very straightforward, but it isn't. The only other paint I would recommend was Totally Auto. But clear coat offers more than shine. It's applied once the colored paint layer of your vehicle has dried. removing spray wax spots on clear coat finish, If this is your first visit, be sure to I picked up 2 cans of the Spraymax 2k paint and I have to say that this paint laid down nicely and I didnt have the spattering issue that others have had. However, while it is a great product, it doesn't come cheap and costs more than similar primers. eastwood 2k clear vs spraymaxskims metallic swim campaign eastwood 2k clear vs spraymax. The Rust-Oleum Acrylic Clear Coat earns our top spot because it not only makes your paintwork look wetter and more glamorous, but it also protects from rust. And if that is the case do i give the tank a sand before i spraymax? The thicker the paint, the harder it is for it to flow. I just merged your two threads since they had the same title. The Rat Rod Satin black we sill is a SSU paint so the clear coat is already mixed in. Don't see any lasting damage from the snow. Most Durable Paint in an Aerosol Available, Max Temperature: Paint will handle up to 250-300 degrees without delamination, but color shift may occur, so it should not be used in a high heat setting. its a great product but very expensive, better off buying a sprayer of you plan on doing it again & again.even if its one of those all in one sprayers like the gray HF one You must log in or register to reply here. Our people, partners and current vacancies. AU73990000001. Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. But you must Time your project well because once the hardener Bladder is broken the shelf life is 48 Hours. Came out nice and even with 3 light coats of self etching primer, 2 coats Krylon. The mixture is easy to apply and once it cures can be easily sanded. Decals were not water transfers, but I did wet the frame to allow me to move them arround when appling. Apr 18, 2016. London The owners simply wanted better products for their own boats because even the popular products had room for improvement. The pot life is approximately 48 hours after the can is activated. 2022Recurrent Ventures. The Eastwood AeroSpray Epoxy Primer is a good choice if you're looking for a primer that is easy to apply and also durable. rswarrior.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company. Lvl 1 45 St Georges Terrace I've used it a few times and had great results doing one light coat first, letting it flash for 15 mins, and then doing wet coats after that with 15 mins flash time in between. I think I've done 3, maybe 4 guitars with the 2k aerosol cans. Giving the area a good polish once it is dry usually solves the issue. I did this process to another car, whose headlights I had refinished a little over a year ago with the store-bought spray paint mentioned above (6). The aerosol spray allows you to work with a lot of precision without using a paint gun. It also forms a protective coat to protect metals against corrosion. Good question. Designed to last through the toughest environment, such as high-temperature automotive applications, this is a high-gloss, moisture-cured urethane coat. There was a problem completing your request. Is that correct? It is generally used for touch up paint repairs where owners are looking to give their fix a flawless factory finish. Eastwood 2K High-Gloss Aerosol allows you to paint with the durability and precision of a two-component coating without the paint gun! 101 Pakenham Street West This product makes your job easier because it functions as a primer and a sealer. 3-year shelf life. Spray Max2 part Aerosol Clear Coathas excellent adhesion to basecoatandcured lacquer and enamel finishes. Two-stage paint jobs always use a 2K clear coat or the 1K alternative to guarantee the protection of the colored paint and provide a great finish. Clear coats have varied drying times depending on the type. On average, it can take about 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the type of formula used. I use an old wooden wardrobe app 5 ft long 3 ft wide and 6 ft high. It's a DTM (Direct to Metal) Primer. Select a clear coat that creates a transparent, glass-like layer on the base coat if you dont want your vehicles original color altered. You have to buy the Transtar 6144 activator and mix the two products at a ratio of 1:1. I contacted the Spraymax manufacturer and Eastwood (they sell 2k clear also) and both would not recomend using the 2k over a non 2k finish. A little trick spray the first coat lightly then after a 10 min flash spray the next coat a little heavier ( med wet). Nitrocellulose and acrylic lacquer compatibility question. Practice general safety every time you use epoxy primers as some are made of harsh chemicals. My question is, what is the standard timing of this process? Allow 3-7 minutes flash between coats depending on temperature. Its mixing ratio is 4:1. It must be easy to apply, cure well, and leave a smooth finish. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2022, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Eastwood Durable Paint 2K Aerosol High Gloss Clear Spray 12 Oz, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, See all details for Eastwood Durable Paint 2K Aerosol High Gloss Clear Spray 12 Oz. Looking at picking up a couple cans of this. SprayMax has designed the can in such a way that it has a broader spray pattern than traditional aerosols. You can put a 2K clear coat over a single-stage base coat. I've gone through about 6 cans of the 2k clear. It must also be long lasting. End product looks awesome! Wynyard Quarter http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0, http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0, Quote from: mario medeiros on April 04, 2018, 09:24:36 am, Quote from: mario medeiros on April 05, 2018, 03:54:03 am, Quote from: Ujeni on April 05, 2018, 08:50:31 am, Quote from: Ujeni on April 06, 2018, 04:13:54 pm. The primer is designed to be used on yachts and protects metals from rust and corrosion, whether they are above or below the waterline. One of the things most professionals consider when buying an epoxy primer is how much preparation is needed. Thanks guys. Also, it may be a bit exhausting to use a touchup marker to cover multiple scratches on your vehicle. Amazon has encountered an error. You have to weigh all your options before making a purchase. Spray Max can be used on motor vehicles, wheel rim inserts, bicycles, agricultural and construction machinery, woodwork, guitars, and much more. Custom Shop sells its epoxy primer/sealer separately from its hardener. After wiping with rubbing alcohol, I layed a medium coat of this spray paint (picture 2). Please try again. Appearance was a consideration to ensure that as you fix flaws, your newly applied clear coat can blend right in for a seamless look. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. The Drive has answers. Microsheet silicate technology allows it to build a powerful water barrier that resists moisture and water penetration. A: A 1.8mm tip is a good choice. Its not more durable than a 1k primer and its spray pattern is very wide. However, the product is not without shortcomings. Higher solid coats are also the most expensive. So make sure you can use it up, once you start using it. You'll achieve professional results from an easy-to-spray aerosol. The great thing about this epoxy primer is that it can be used as a sealer for basecoat clear coat. 1.2-mil per spray pass. But after you read this buying guide, it should be easier for you to find the best epoxy primer for your needs. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. The chief reason is that some clear coats form a thin layer, and its easy to rub them off if you rub in the wax too hard or use a tough fabric to apply the wax. It is also easy to apply and leaves an even finish for a professional look. you need to use it all with in a day or two ,light coat first then keep building it up . For a glossy finish and easy application, we recommend the Speedokote 2-in-1 Primer. Works great, really nice sprayer on it too. I was really impressed with the huge improvement they had achieved with their spray tips, a nice wide and fine pattern and in the case of the matt black it covered 3 times faster then the aerosol made by Marhyde that I had in my cabinet. Cool. As we had mentioned earlier, one-part epoxy primer can be applied on a wide range of materials (including plastic), while two-part primer is mostly used in industrial applications. Curious which Dupilcolor/Rustoleum you used for the color coat - used the Canadian equivalent (Tremclad) and loved the results but had the same problem with extremely easy chipping. We stand behind our solutions and customers. Here are a few shots. Will see how it holds up to UV rays on white polywood. !, great headlight restoring paint, but mask well, Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2019. It looks like some good quality stuff, so Im curious.. Add to Cart Save for Later 90 day Warranty Included 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Since 1978 It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. By logging into your account, you agree to our. You must log in or register to reply here. I too have used the Spraymax version once. I just sprayed 3 coats of spray max 2k clear glamour on the scratch repair, it looks really clear, do I really have to wet sand this or can I just go straight to polishing. Just wanted to throw out my 2 pennies. In that case, your base coat may be too dry and may not stick correctly to the topcoat. I chose the best automotive clear coats by searching for products that were easy to apply, effective at offering lasting protection, and able to blend in for a smooth, sleek appearance. While we love this epoxy primer, we feel In the Swim should make the container more tough because it gets easily dented. USC Spray Max High-Gloss Clear Coat SEE IT Specs Brand: U.S. Chemical and Plastics Size: 11.8 ounces Application method: Aerosol spray Pros Ideal for quick touchups Suitable for all base coats. This is another important thing you must take into consideration. I am pretty sure once you start using the spraymax paint, that You have to use it all, or it goes bad. Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. The company makes a host of products, from epoxy primer to varnish. 2K Matt Clear. However, if you are looking for something that can work in different environments, the budget-friendly SprayMax 2K Activated EPOXY Primer is a must-have. If you havent pinned it down to a manufacturing defect or a product from a low-quality brand, then you may have taken too long between applying the base coat and topcoat. It is not for use on bare metal. AeroSpray 2K clear coat can be a topcoat on pretty much any lacquer or single-stage urethane Eastwood paint. By Midnight1700 in forum Ask your detailing questions! Just finished touching up some small scratches on my car with this 2K clearcoat. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. It is especially important in areas of your car that interact with chemicals from the roads or are bombarded with debris. The clear activator may contain tiny pieces that don't dissolve. For less than $50, you can find clear coats of varying quality, typically sold in 12- to 15-ounce spray cans. MS-22 2K Clear. I don't see how any 1k acrylic can be tougher than a 2k paint. I can not recommend this stuff. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Used this product on my headlights. If you wish to continue to the site, please click OK below. For bare metal use a primer !!! I applied a second coat (4) and it was cloudy again but dried fine (5). No, its not necessary. There's no use buying an epoxy primer that does not work. They dry fast, and buffing can be done to the coat shortly after. This company was established in 1921 by Robert Ferguson, who was a sea captain. The Eastwood AeroSpray Epoxy Primer makes your priming jobs easier than ever.
What Channel Is The La Kings Game On Spectrum, Articles E