Last edited on 21 February 2023, at 15:04, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Highway_Thru_Hell_episodes&oldid=1140741852. After surviving a near-fatal heart attack, Ken leads the Mission crew on its most daunting recovery in years; lodged in the trees, 200 feet below a mountain road, the damaged dump truck . Not always blood family but a mostly a hard working pros type family. Jamie pushes further into new territory, changes rock the company and the entire community says goodbye to a Heavy Rescue legend. Ken, the new guy from the city, stops in for a beer and recounts his struggles adjusting to life on the mountain. They were jackknifed in the runaway lane on the smasher.. Jason and Merv tangle with a loaded semi in the snow-filled Valley but later Merv gets to have some fun on the Coquihalla. 55234. The season's first snowstorm paralyzes the Coquihalla Summit, launching Al Quiring and Gord Boyd into battle; Jamie Davis and a new operator from Ireland tackle a torn-up semi on a dangerous corner. This year in our highway division from Shylock Road to Cold Water Road were still at zero fatalities which is terrific, Quiring lauded as the season wrapped up. He considers Jamie to be his adopted father. A rolled logging truck launches Jamie Davis and his heavy wreckers to a remote crash site in British Columbia; Reliable Towing's James Luke scrambles to disconnect a flaming tractor from its trailer and is assisted by a surprising new hire. For the first time all season Howie and Adam end up on the same BC wreck and the old Coq vet doesnt like how the new guy is running the show. No, I dont do things again for the TV crew. In 2017, Highway Thru Hell featured one of the most intense rescue missions to be aired on the show. He seems like a straight shooter. Battle in the Gravel. He recently received a tapestry from Middleton, N.S. In B.C., a truck full of wine is sliced in half Less than 24 hours after Jamie ships the Rotator to Alberta. Before firing Rob, he decides to give him one last chance when a call comes in for a repo job. He actually got the people out of the Greyhound bus, Quiring boasted. Speaker's Dual Burn Headlight Featured in Hot Bike, J.W. Jamie and the next generation take on an airbag wreck similar to a challenging one from the past; Dylan must rely on roadside ingenuity against a sideways semi; Al and Gord deal with four wheelers on the Coq. Nausea or vomiting. Nearly 3 out of 4 cardiac arrests that don't happen in hospitals, happen in homes. The Coquihalla Highway rebuild begins in a race against winter. Jamie and his brother team up for the most stunning wreck of the season; Al hauls a unique piece of equipment on a treacherous backroad; Brandon and highway crews face a difficult night on the Coq; Jamie adds a wrecker like no other to his fleet. A blockage on the only route through the Cascade Mountains forces MSA into a bold move. This is mentioned as though its being staged, cause how would anybody know there will be more twists and turns when all accidents are suppose to be accidental. Ken, Dylan, Craig & Ted (and Val) are faced with a project no one else will do. Love the Green Goblin! Take the CPR Challenge To Save Lives. Since the implementation of snowshed protocol and the start of the TV program, in 2012, the Coquihalla has seen a steady decline in accidents causing fatalities. Al and Gord gamble on a job that's closed the highway and pushed both green wreckers to the limits; in Alberta, Jamie's crew battles a whiteout to reach a chain reaction wreck; in B.C., a wrecker is called in to help solve an underwater mystery. Then, his classic restoration project - The 'Mighty Mo' - finally comes to life. Who knew? Mission Towing races to an urgent call on a logging road after a truck tumbles 90 feet into a creek. Team Reliable is in foggy chaos; Ken turns an off-road recovery into a joyride; Greg takes charge on his biggest recovery without the boss; Gord hustles to open the Coq's steepest stretch. A silent heart attack, known as a silent myocardial infarction (SMI), account for 45% of heart attacks and strike men more than women. Mitch discovers a massive wreck involving two semis; Reliable and Aggressive Towing join forces to recover a pair of entangled 18-wheelers; a tippy trailer abandoned on a soft shoulder tests Jamie; Gord finds himself in deep in a peat bog. Stay up to date on technology, regulations and trucking life. 's vital Coquihalla Highway to a standstill and sends shockwaves across the region. Gore Boyd is the one dude I want to have a beer with and shoot the shit. Hampered by heavy snow, rocks and extreme cold - Colin and Kelly must finish the tough recovery and meet a tight deadline for Jamie Davis. Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Al and Gord search for a lost logging truck on a snowy back road; Jamie attempts a maneuver with Mighty Mo; Colin faces his fear while working on a semi. A legendary truck makes a triumphant return. That's why it's important to know the symptoms of a . As things are heating up, an unexpected visit from arch-rival Al Quiring brings out some serious barbs from Adam. Ken's first public appearance after his heart attack . Recovery from a heart attack (myocardial infarction) can take anywhere from two weeks to three months. We love to watch every episode and wish you the very best. I'm not sure I would accept this job. Team Reliable's James Luke and over 20 tow trucks must recover 200 cars in a mudslide zone in mere hours as a second. Black smoke billowing above the Fraser Valley sends fire crews and Ken Duperon racing to the Mission Towing yard; a cracked trailer in deep snow becomes a delicate recovery for Rick and Brandon. Agriculture, Material Handling and Construction, J.W. I know every inch of that highway and how to handle the tough situations, he said of the expressway that links the Lower Mainland with the rest of Canada. This stops oxygen from reaching parts of the heart. Some people have mild chest pain, while others have more-severe pain. We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin. Plus, hes cute as a button. And rookie operator, Colin, learns just how tough his new boss Adam can be when a seemingly simple job goes sideways. Speaker lights for him, said Al, describing that if you cant see something, youre going to miss it. Jamie and Scott team up on a heavy roll over in the Fraser Canyon. The biggest storm of the season is about to hit the Coq with a fury, just as Jamie discovers that his license has expired. 4. Jamie brings back a load from the Yukon. Speaker Lighting Helps Quiring Towing Survive Highway Thru Hell. Jamie's newest classic wrecker 'The Python' is put to the test on a semi embedded in a row of trees. An announcement from the Highway Thru Hell TV show confirms that Ken Monkhouse, one of the cast from the show, died May 24 of a heart attack. Greg is helped by Jamie on a jackknife in winter. Brandon, Jamie's 17-year-old stepson and last winter's rookie, takes some heat for his work ethic but isn't afraid to throw it back. Colin faces a white-knuckle drive on a remote Alberta back road, and Jamie tests out a new driver, who might be in over his head. A massive build up of snow on the Coq means avalanches are imminent if something isnt done fast. I just love watching this show. Lodged in the trees, 200 feet below a mountain road, a damaged dump truck pushes After surviving a near-fatal heart attack, Ken leads the Mission crew on its most daunting recovery in years. Ken Monkhouse arrives at a job to find that the competition has gotten the jump on him. Speaker headlights, I put those on my truck; and now I could see, after 30 years of driving.Headlights that can withstand treacherous weather conditions and allow you to see, ultimately providing a safer drive to get you home. When asked whether his father pays him for towing gigs, Cary replied, I dont work for money, I work for family.. Highway thru hell is an awesome show. Bravo to the brave lot of you !! When Kevin announced as a teen that he wanted to be a truck driver, his dad cut him off and hasn't seen him in over 20 years. Your age, lifestyle habits, and other medical conditions can raise your risk of a heart attack. An oversized load tests Jamie and his rebuilt wrecker HR-126 and a gravel hauler ricochets off a rock wall leaving a twisted mess for Kelly and John. Al passed away peacefully on April 3, 2021. Jamie takes control of the rotator for the first time in months; Jamie turns to his competition for advice about a major decision that will determine the future of Heavy Rescue. Heart attacks can occur suddenly, or symptoms can start slowly and progress over time. The Canadian docuseries, which premiered in 2012, follows the daily operations of tow truckers working in British Columbia. Would love to see the whole series but cant find where to see them. The next day is a battle on all fronts to get the Coq open - with helicopter teams dropping more bombs, highway crews faced with two feet of accumulation, and Jamie's team forced to call in a second rotator, who happened to be Jamie's brother, Jason. A big part of the show takes place along the Coquihalla Highway, a 201-mile stretch of road that . A trailer full of cat food bursts into flames - and Scott and Gord have to battle for two days to get the burning heap off the Smasher. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google But anyway just wanted to say Hi to all and keep the sunny side up and the greasy side down. Wiki-Bio: Al Quiring was born on December 21, 1967, in Canada. Jamie annually receives $300,000 from the show as personal income. Quiring spoke about his struggle with PTSD in a recent video for the Bell Lets Talk Canadian initiative to combat the stigma surrounding mental illness. It said, "Today we learned of the passing of our dear friend Ken Monkhouse. While they are gone, Adam has his hands full with the B team when a semi filled with expensive wine goes off a cliff. We specialize in Heavy Truck and equipment towing and recovery. This page was last edited on 21 February 2023, at 15:04. Still love the show. Dead Mans Curve is the first episode of the new season, which Discovery has promised will deliver more twists and turns than ever. If you are having a heart attack, you may experience one or more of the symptoms below. Howie must tackle this monster recovery all on his own. We are experienced in handling and recovering a wide variety of cargo types. Everyone has big, but not always realistic, expectations for the winter ahead. Just in time for one of Jamie's most challenging recoveries this season, a familiar face shows up at the yard and is recruited to help save a loaded car carrier; Al and Gord travel north to an epic job near a gold mining town. However, with the cables for flipping the truck snapping, Jamie could get eletrocuted under the live electrical cables. On an active logging road in BC's Fraser Canyon, Nik and the Mission Towing team race to finish a recovery and open the road before a convoy of equipment reaches them. What can I say about this show except that its a fantastic show to watch daily during the days and weekly at nights for the new shows. Quit smoking. When winter strikes, Jamie's crew has to save a snowplow stuck in the grip of an icy river. On the busiest travel week of the year, Al works to clear a burning tractor trailer off the Coq, and Colin rescues a delivery truck loaded with Christmas parcels. Two transport trucks make contact, ripping open their trailers and shutting down the main highway outside Golden BC; the crash launches Jamie Davis and his classic wrecker The General from his new winter base. that proposes attacks against image scaling. After surviving a near-fatal heart attack, Ken leads the Mission crew on its most daunting recovery in years; lodged in the trees, 200 feet below a mountain road, the damaged dump truck pushes Ken . While Adam scrambles to get the highway open, Jamie tries to free a semi from a steep, icy off-ramp. Full of great characters, all with admirable work ethic. In Alberta, Adam calls for reinforcements when he just cant budge a truck thats flipped over a bank -- forcing Jamie to make a tough decision about moving his flagship Rotator out of B.C. Jamie calls in Jason's rotator to tackle a recovery in the Canyon, the Mission Towing team juggles a lost load of telephone poles, and emergency responders race to a crash involving one of Jamie's crew. The 52-year-old has built up such a reputation that truckers say when his green rig shows up, there is nothing to worry about anymore. You cant beat this show and its characters! But more than 30 years of experience makes a big difference. Speaker develops and manufactures innovative, high-performance LED lighting technology for automotive, powersports, transport and industrial products. A team of avalanche techs flies up the mountain in helicopters to drop concussion bombs and release the build-up, but bad weather hampers their first attempt. For those who may wonder why a trucking news site would include a death notice in their coverage, Ken Monkhouse, also known as Monkey, was a star on the reality TV show . Freezing rain covers Hope in a thick layer of ice, crippling Jamie's operations. With all highways closed after unprecedented flooding, drivers and residents are trapped in Hope as a raging creek threatens Jamie's shop and family home. In the worst . They could do a show with just Quiring Towing and I would definitely watch it. Monkhouse, realizing he needs help in the car towing division, invites Kodallas for a lesson in a new truck, but Kodallas has words with his stepfather and walks off in a huff. Two young Reliable Mission up-and-comers are hours from civilization when a back-road recovery goes into night. Jamie Davis battles a truck fire on The Coq, then reveals big changes to his operation. Kevin considers yard man/swamper Samy, a 40-year-old immigrant from Fiji, to be his assistant. Calls include incidents ranging from commercial truck crashes to spun out or jackknifed semi-trailers, cars stuck in snow banks, and even ethanol and propane tanker crashes. Highway Thru Hell is a Canadian documentary TV series that follows the operations of Jamie Davis Motor Truck & Auto Ltd., a heavy vehicle rescue and recovery towing company based in Hope, British Columbia.Quiring Towing, Aggressive Towing, MSA Towing, Mission Towing and Reliable Towing are also featured in the series. They are described as "silent" because when they occur, their symptoms lack the intensity of a classic heart attack, such as extreme chest pain and pressure; stabbing pain in the arm, neck, or jaw; sudden . When the weather is hitting the hill, keeping the motoring public, myself and the crew safe is a lot to handle, said Quiring, referring to filming of the show. For example, it's not uncommon for silent heart attacks to be written off as indigestion, a sprained or strained muscle, fatigue or "just feeling run-down," Marban says. I believe those lights help me operate safely and efficiently in really, really challenging working conditions.. When Jamie then gets a call for a dream job it turns into the most challenging recovery of the season. We use cookies to make your website experience better. Speaker partners. A humbling hill and a crumbling fix. As winter comes to a close, Nik reflects on his return to heavy rescue while he tackles one final job. The most common cause of blocked blood flow is narrowing and hardening of the arteries ( atherosclerosis ). Al Quiring of Quiring Towing has made quite a name for himself as a Heavy Rescue Operator on Canada's infamous Coquihalla Highway. Highway Thru Hell Tow Operator Ken Monkhouse Succumbs to Heart Attack. My son was the third or fourth person behind all that. Mission Towing's Dylan Greenwood has to solve a puzzle of twisted metal when two big rigs collide. Jamie's net worth as of 2019 is around $3,000,000. Heavy rescue faces a life and death decision - shut down or leave the Coq for the oil rush boomtown of Fort McMurray and some steady cash. A new winter season starts with Jamie Davis heavy rescue split in two Adam has taken half the fleet north to Albertas rich and dangerous oil fields while Jamie stays back to fight and keep the Coq open all by himself. Adam is angry about the lack of equipment and the poor condition of his truck. 65-year-old Bruce begins to show signs that he may be over the hill. Trucking plays role in saving fire-ravaged B.C. Four generations of Quirings have lived and worked as tow truck operators out of a 20-acre property on 16th Avenue in Aldergrove. When the fire department or the police deals with the aftermath of car wrecks they get to take a week or two off, Quiring said. When a lumber truck and diesel tanker collide, the flaming wreckage becomes the biggest recovery of Colin's career. I am a 74 year old grandmother, a retired university administrator, I love Highway Through Hell. News about a key member of the Mission Towing family hits home. Jason tackles a two-piece gravel wreck. Get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked regularly. Choose from a vast network of responsive and reputable J.W. After surviving a near-fatal heart attack, Ken leads the Mission crew on its most daunting recovery in years. Heart Attack Symptoms. As snowstorms pummel the Coquihalla, Al heads up to battle, while another operator faces off against a mangled tractor. Women often experience . To keep up with a busy season, Jamie hires on a new guy, greenhorn driver Rob. Jamies called to help save a woman trapped in an overturned truck submerged in an icy river. Speaker's Adaptive 2 Featured in Hot Bike, New Model 93 5-in-1 LED Headlight Asks, "Why Should Your Headlight Only Offer a Single Functionality? The family company began leasing the truck Al uses to tow in 2007, and purchased it in 2017. In the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, on the Coquihalla Highway, a small job turns into a major headache and a father's dreams of his stepson joining the family business backfires as Brandon Kodallas' aspirations of being a gym instructor and his disdain to drive a manual transmission vehicles does not sit well with anybody else, while teaching Ken about rigging, something the, Why is one guy always happy, while another is always pissed off? A trailer filled with costly pharmaceuticals gets imbedded in a block of ice. but never did I have my AZ license Im in Canadian Ontario Jamie his the best one I like on the show . I spend most of my days in bed. With the Canyon Highway closed, Jamie battles a fuel tanker to keep trains moving. After surviving a near-fatal heart attack, Ken leads the Mission crew on its most daunting recovery in years; lodged in the trees, 200 feet below a mountain road, the damaged dump truck pushes Ken's team to the edge of disaster. High winds in BC's Fraser Valley flip a trailer on a bridge and blow away Ken and the Mission crew; Reliable Towing's James Luke and Mitch Karr battle 70-kph wind gusts to recover a wreck loaded with lumber. Quiring first started as a hauler who would bomb the companys Kenworth T800 High Hood wrecker down the highway in a moments notice when the weather turned. That's what Kristie Elfering, who has been an avid runner for years, thoughtand she ended up having a heart attack during the TCS New York City Marathon. Nausea, indigestion, heartburn or abdominal pain. My prayers go out to EVERYONE risking their lives. A truckload of frozen chickens crashes into a tangle of trees. He is returning to Discovery Channels superhit series Highway Thru Hell, with Season 9 premiering Monday night. A lost load of lumber stacks the odds against team Reliable. Check the full bio for relationship details. Ken Monkhouse, also known as "Monkey" on Highway Thru Hell, died on May 24, 2020 from a heart attack, according to Jamie Davis Towing. Sometimes when it is really busy, there is no invoice. These lights make me feel a whole lot safer., Find out more about how J.W. Al and Gord race to rescue a teetering semi during the morning rush on Hwy 1. By Editorial Staff | May 26, 2020. These men and the equipment are critical !! In an eight-hour work day, we respond to 10 to 20 calls for dire assistance on the Coquihalla, Quiring said, The TV show recorded an average number of 47 responses in a 24-hour span.. His son, Cary, (also featured on the TV show) is poised to take over Quirings role in the family business. Quiring gets dozens of calls on a typical day, and his record was 47 calls in 24 hours near the Coquihalla Summit. Every job is a real job; straight up and factual as it happens, Quiring said. On May 26th 2020, CDL Life, a trucking news site, reported Ken Monkhouse had passed away over the holiday weekend due to a heart attack. It all ends with a surprise when Mark invites the guys to see the Coquihalla, and the majestic mountains surrounding it, from an angle they've never experienced: from mid-air in a helicopter. Dylan tries to rescue a trapped family surrounded on all sides by a river gone wild. Monkey," the TV production stated on their Facebook page. Near Merritt, a parcel delivery truck is torn open, scattering hundreds of packages across The Coq; Reliable Towing overcomes numerous obstacles to clear the wreck. A close call puts Al in the crush zone. As of 2023, he is around 56 years old. And then I got a set of J.W. Is he dead or alive? Speaker offers a full line of heated LED lights with. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. Pain in the back or arms, like a sprained or pulled muscle. Symptoms of a heart attack include chest and upper body pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, sweatiness, and nausea. We have been serving the transportation industry since 1962, evolving from a full service fuel and automotive repair station into heavy duty towing and recovery specialists available 24/7 through our emergency dispatch line. Jamie and his fleet of heavy wreckers are paralyzed in his own yard by a massive overnight snowfall. Greg responds to a crash after black ice forms on the Coq; heavy winter rains launch MSA into an epic fight with a big machine in a mudpit; an accident hits close to home for Brandon; Scott mentors the next generation on a defiant wreck. ; 3 out of 4 heart attacks are a first heart attack. His day gets even worse when Scott smashes the Rotator. In Alberta, Adam and Brandon face off in a clash that will change the course of the winter season. Featured on TV's "Highway Thru Hell," Al consistently has to work through tough conditions that are proven to be too dangerous for others. Nausea. Who would know ? It feels as though the guys are part of my life now. Jamie's having second thoughts about bringing his son Brandon on board when the teenager spends his paycheck on ear piercings. I love the show and really like Jamie Davis and his crew, but Al Quiring and Gord are my favorites on that program. Be the beat for someone you love. After 2007 the emissions got really stringent on motors, catalytic converters, and diesel exhausts, Al explained, pointing to electrical issues he witnesses newer semi-trailers and trucks face up on the highway. sweating. And a cascade of wrecks on two different highways mean both Al Quiring and Adam Gazzola must face their own night from hell. No one wants a horse kicking the side out of its trailer, let alone a million-dollar one.. A missing truck driver trapped inside a wreck for two days draws Jamie Davis Heavy Rescue and first responders into one of the most difficult and emotional recoveries in years. (Photo: Bell Media) No retakes We'll miss his spirit and his big heart. A surprise storm launches James Luke into unusual territory. A local competitor challenges Jamie's status on the Hill. Last year, Jamie ordered a state of the art heavy rescue truck called a Rotator. nausea or vomiting. For that reason, Al has outfitted his fleet with SmartHeat lighting from J.W. trouble breathing. I rely on those lights. Powerful engines, harsh weather, and steep drop-offs are only a few of the elements that have defined Highway Thru Hell. Jamie and crew wrestle to recover a trailer loaded with apples off a dangerous bridge. Introduction : Business History and Background : After Elmer's Retirement : Read More Al Quiring Age, Wikipedia Bio, Wife, Net worth, Son, Towing, Height Heavy snowfall has created avalanche conditions on the Coq. Winter strikes hard and fast as Jamie Davis and his heavy rescue crew face tough new challenges in Hope, BC. I had never realized just how tough a man has to be to do heavy rescue. This particular episode is riveting. R.I.P. The company wrote on their page, "Ken Monkhouse an amazing guy great work ethic and a good friend has passed away last night of a heart attack. Speaker Corporation is focused on developing innovative, high-performance vehicular lighting solutions for OEM and aftermarket customers around the world. Love the show cause you dont know what kind of Accident the drivers are going to get a call about and cant believe that people live out of some of those crashes. A winter storm unleashes chaos on all highways around Hope, BC forcing Jamie's team into an all-night battle. Early heart attack symptoms. The shows popularity has propelled Quiring to international fame, and he said he is a getting a lot of flattering fan mail from across Canada and around the world. Advocate for yourself. If not treated quickly, the heart muscle begins to die. Rob's promotion to lead flagger is short-lived when police revoke his license for speeding. I live in Ontario. Ive been on jobs where things are flipped over and you look around and theres not a soul around for half a mile, Quiring explained. Media gets a sneak peek at an extraordinary repair effort on Coquihalla, closed after the floods. Cam narrowly escapes a deadly crash when his 50-ton wrecker is struck from behind; Jamie and Greg climb into the backcountry to rescue an articulating rock truck clinging to a mountain slope. Daily aspirin may lower the risk of a heart attack, but the risks of taking aspirin every day outweigh the benefits for most people.. A 2019 meta-analysis of thirteen randomized controlled trials . A tour bus spins out of control, launching Al Quiring into action; Jamie gets to test a heavy-duty weapon bolted to the front of Mighty Mo; a new team on The Coq takes on a trailer with live pigs. Jamie has made a big mistake buy selling ALL his modern HEAVY wreckers and depending on his rebuilt older ones. A double-trailer load of lumber had flipped and spilled across a quarter mile of highway. In general, the lower your heart rate, the more efficiently your heart is pumping. Spring rains are causing rock slides on Highway 1. Without the blood coming in, the heart can't get oxygen. suddenly feeling dizzy, faint, light-headed or anxious. Team Green takes on a dozer sunk into a peat bog; a legendary tow family faces a crossroads. Howie faces a seemingly impossible challenge after a massive wreck spills lumber across a busy highway. A record snowfall brings B.C. If you have need of a heavy recovery team in this area and call Jamie Davis instead of Al Quiering then take your bill and shut the hell up. Ken Duperon is on his first job since his heart attack; a familiar face switches teams and leads Reliable Towing on a major recovery. View full lesson: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/what-happens-during-a-heart-attack-krishna-sudhirApproximately seven million people around the world die from hea. A tractor trailer clinging to the edge of a mountain has Mitch, Merv and James pulling together to save the load; after years of relying on older equipment, Jamie Davis brings home a surprise for the team. I do watch the show and many times I am left to wonder how the hell drivers manage to lose it like that. And Al and Gord pulling out that turtle lol. You guys are TOTALLY AMAZING! When Rob turns out to be a slow learner - and then goes AWOL during a major blizzard - Jamie's patience is pushed to the breaking point. Gord Boyd picks up a brand new heavy wrecker for Quiring Towing. They call it fly-on-the-wall documentary filmmaking.. A Top Kick three-ton went through the brake check with a horse trailer and caught my eye. Heavy rescue has to recover a severely damaged trailer loaded with millions of plastic beads. He needs to see where he's going, where he's working, and . pain in your arm, shoulder, or neck. Responding to a woodchip wreck, Davis, Gazzola and Ritchie disagree on how to recover the wreck, leaving Davis to do his own swamping.
List Of Deceased Gospel Singers, Ss Marine Sulphur Queen Crew List, Spirited Hive Cocktails Calories, Hessian Family Names, Articles A