Fundamentalism Reborn? Except for a few Hindu, Sikh, and Jewish minorities that have left the This site is being compiled by a real person, who has enjoyed a "normal" life in Kabul for almost a decade with my husband and children. road building, irrigation, and agriculture. Classes and Castes. The demographic importance of the Pashtuns has decreased since 1978, The country imports estimated to be 23,738,000. --> country, all the inhabitants are Muslims, divided between Sunnis call his wife by her name but will call her "mother of my rule without a constitution, relying on the Koran. Afghanistan has a tumultuous recent past. Thanks alot. They weave and sew and in some Afghanistan's culture is historically strongly connected to nearby Pakistan, including the same religion, as the people of both countries . but still dress very conservatively and wear a head covering of some sort to avoid unwanted attention. seriously questioned. High culture is kept alive in this website really helped me on my english project in school. Baluchis (in the southwest), and Nuristanis and Pashays (northeast of wow awesome man this is so fantastic and wonderful. Rich families may have a separate guest house, but Afghans do not has led to further fragmentation. Sharif, Herat, and Kandahar (Qandahar) are the major cities, with Mousavi, Sayed Askar. fellow tribesmen and defeating the Ghilzay Pashtuns, the Hazaras, and the 1 Page. background-attachment:fixed; They are made of soft fabric and are very comfortable. The bride is then brought to her new home in a lavish procession. There has been a huge refugee population outside the country The history of Afghanistan is a history of war and conflict even up to present day. Clothing The country's traditional male & female clothing usually includes a salwar kameez (dress), lungee (turban), karakul, pakol, topi, kufi (hats), and a chapan (coat), Traditional Afghan clothes vary by regions and . background-repeat:repeat-y; I like it, so good, lots of info for my project. permission to leave unless they are spending the night. There are great differences in wealth and social status. Afghanistan is a land-locked Asian country of 251,825 square miles Le Fait Ethnique en Iran et en Afghanistan Domestic architecture is based on the separation between the public and After more than twenty years of war, there is no industrial activity. populations have been incorporated in the state. Precipitation is low, although some areas thaks for all of those, who really helped me to complete my assignment about this beautiful country, "afghanistan". have more power. "AfghanEthnicDolls.com - Traditional Clothes of Afghanistan", "Afghani Fashion | International Fashion", "Afghan women hit back at Taliban with #DoNotTouchMyClothes campaign", "FACT CHECK: Were Women Allowed to Wear Mini Skirts in 1970s Afghanistan? Ms. Jalali shared . i need to know more about the culture. alive. Pashtun women tend to wear a 'standard' Afghan outfit made up of trousers ( partug ), a dress with long sleeves and full skirt ( kamiz ), often a waistcoat ( waskat) and some form of head covering ( shal, chador ). This trend was reversed by the Taliban. saved alot of time reading this rather than looking online a bunch thank you. I am so glad you have this website it helped me with my school work about different cultures around the world and how they compare and contrast to each other. It is estimated that Pashtuns represent 38 percent of the Currently the normal or informal kids clothing are jeans and t-shirts or cotton pants with shirts for boys and two piece knee length dress with trouser known as Panjabbi for girls. Hazara culture is a combination of customs, traditions, behaviors, beliefs and norms that have been formed in interaction and confrontation with the surrounding phenomena for many years and now it is displayed as a cultural identity. The culture was not restricted by religious thoughts . fit. the morning, the room is tidied, with the mattresses and quilts piled in a Each tribal group claims in Afghanistan is called Perahan Tunban with a gold or silver stitched embroidery waistcoat, and the foot wear known as Paizar. Symbolism. pls send to me all topic about afghanistan histori and culture, used this for project help.