I didn't see a lot of moves or vision from him. Reed, who originally signed with Florida and spent two years there, transferred after injuries forced him down the depth chart. 1 all-purpose 'back in 2018, has been re-rated as a 3-star prospect in 247Sports' Transfer Portal. Kendrick faced disciplinary issues during his time at Clemson, too, and was forced to sit out a victory at Pitt. How about an ash tray? Its unclear in the release, even with some of the details the outline provided. Va., native, Slade could look at Virginia Tech or . It proves the point that no matter how talented the player, it's important to keep your life in order off the field. NCAAF NCAAB MLB NFL NBA NHL - Watch Stadium 24/7 Schedule Where to Watch CRWS Live On The Line The Rally Back; Search. Cox was rated as the class of 2018's second-best strongside defensive end. I know it is pretty juvenile on my part but I never claimed to be mature just ask my wife or kids. He could have demonstrated his abilities as the feature back this year. There were no camps last summer or in-person recruiting until this week. Those seem like players closer to a decision (which was true in Laws case, considering he just committed to Tech). ODU's OC/QB coach, Kirk Campbell, was an offensive analyst at Penn State. Ashley sat out the 2020 season to prepare for the NFL Draft but was not selected in April. I'm not saying he was bad, and I am well aware of his High School accolades, but he just wasn't five star material at that size unless he was super fast and super shifty. The Hokies also added another Kansas transfer in wide receiver Evan Fairs, who was unranked. Perhaps the most glaring reason why Slade decided to move on from Penn State was his inability to set himself apart from the other running backs in the position group. Coming SoonTerms & Conditions | Privacy Policy, Draft Scout is an Independent Contractor, Currently Outsourcing Non-Exclusive Scalable ContentBrian Hitterman, NFL Draft Scout/Draft Scout Database Creator, Contact: brianhitterman@msn.com, - Draft Scout Evolve: Player Rating Changes, - CFB's Best Player Names By Year/Position. For more details about the site, including a list of TechSideline.com staff, see our About page. He also earned a spot in. Slade, who plays his high school ball for C.D. Slade Lab Website. (Top photo of Justin Fuente: Ryan M. Kelly / Getty Images). Teammates tried to cheer him up..one sayinglook, over there you'll get to play every day! Even now, as a 14-year-old high school freshman with three BCS scholarship offers including one from his "dream school" Ohio State Slade lines up only. Now healthy and set to be Georgia's starter in his fourth season on the college level, Daniels may very well be a first-round quarterback following the 2021 season. The Hokies expect to use Blackshear in a variety of roles to get the football in his hands. What on earth does that mean in a tangible sense? He enters preseason camp with a tremendous challenge trying to crack a lineup of 11 returning starters on defense, including a healthy Xavier Thomas. Calling me a moron fanboy- I played the Organ Grinder he was was my dancing Monkey - now he is on ignore - game set and match. Ricky Slade Jr. recruiting profile features the No. He was mostly a role player as a freshman at Georgia. Ive reported what we know on the case and will leave it at that, without getting into a lot of speculation thats out there on the internet. Select from premium Ricky Slade of the highest quality. The edge rusher signed with Alabama and played in 11 games as a freshman, but was kicked out of the university. Find Ricky Slade stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Shorter caught 23 passes for 246 yards and three touchdowns last season and was particularly effecitve later in the season. Former 5-star recruit and Penn State running back Ricky Slade is joining an Old Dominion team that is currently riding an 11-game losing strea. Athena Taveras is a crime and courts reporter for The Daily Collegian. Ricky Slade Sr. said his son has NOT made a decision just yet. I dont want to compare it to the Battle at Bristol, when the Hokies jumped out to a 14-0 lead before giving it all away in a 21-point loss to Tennessee, because that would suggest that I didnt have an enjoyable vacation, which I did. And that's apparently where he still sits today, awaiting his first action since playing at Alabama in 2018. Slade carried 47 times for 214 yards and two touchdowns in 2019 for Penn State. I was just talking this weekend with a friend of mine. No. The 5-foot-9, 198-pound Slade, who began the 2019 season as Penn States starter and later lost the job, has been removed from the roster on ODUs website. His pass blocking excelled, Ohio State offensive line coach Greg Studrawa told reporters recently. A school spokesman declined to say why Slade, who never played a down for ODU, had left. In a recruiting year dominated by Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence, Daniels was the third-best quarterback in the 247Sports Composite in 2018. Jenkins sounds like he has seized that free safety spot with how he played this spring (and he looked good there early last year before a COVID-19 interruption kept him out). For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. (AD Whit Babcock said Tech was still exploring its options.) The coaching staff is excited about Blackshear. Is there one or two Virginia recruits in 2022 still uncommitted that Tech must land to make this years recruiting class a success? For the most part, a number of the players who departed after the 2018 was more of addition by subtraction. 1 running back in the class of 2018 is healthy and ready to lead the SEC in rushing. Not that we had great blocking in front of him, but it seemed like he would just sort of run into the line and fall down. It looked like he would have a familiar face joining him in the locker room. Unfortunately, Ricky Slade showed on social media this past weekend why he is no longer on the team. 1 offensive guard in the class of 2018, was mostly a backup during his first two seasons on campus. You are using an out of date browser. The former five-star running back, who transferred from Penn State in June, is no longer on the team, coach Ricky Rahne confirmed Wednesday. The former five-star running back, who transferred from Penn State in June, is no longer on the team, coach Ricky Rahne confirmed Wednesday. There was a problem saving your notification. TechSideline.com (a.k.a. A transfer from Rutgers, Blackshear has two years of eligibility remaining but must sit out the 2020 season. From Major Media Outlets to NFL Team Personnel. I always wondered why he didnt transfer to a P5 program. Ricky Slade felt like that the next year, but things didn't work out for him at Penn State. A high-profile member of one of the Penn State football program's recent recruiting classes is on his way out the door. His son was a very, very good swimmer. If Hoffman doesnt like somebody or something, hell just come out and say it. I guess my question really is: How does Tech find players like this when the recruiting services dont? The defensive end was hindered by foot injuries in 2017 and 2019 and then injured an elbow in 2020. Beyond Givens, running back Ramon Brown seems like hed be the type of recruit who could change the perception of Virginia Tech and Fuentes recruiting ceiling. The Football News named him the Defensive Player of the Year in 1999. alot of business looking to hire. He sat out the first part of the 2020 season as he dealt with the after effects of COVID-19 and a battle with strep throat. Associate Professor. Running back Ricky Slade gets the start, but a unique group of backs will play for Penn State in the opener against Idaho. That feels like it wont come into focus without a lot of trial and error. The Brownsville, Tennessee, native now becomes only the fifth Virginia Tech player to enter the College Football Hall of Fame. ), so his burgeoning music career should come as no surprise. Slade received offers from high-profile programs like Clemson and Ohio State as a high-schooler, but chose the Nittany Lions in an effort to become the next Barkley or Sanders and set himself up for success with running backs coach JaJuan Seider. Ricky Slade. Heralded as one of the top recruits in the 2018 recruiting class, Ricky Slade was the top-ranked prospect in Virginia and the highest rated all-purpose back in the country according to the 247Sports composite rating. He also caught 80 passes for six scores in a total of 27 games in two-plus seasons for the Scarlet Knights. It's a major step down in competition, but there is a connection with the Monarchs. Solomon, rated as the nation's No. #Hokies pic.twitter.com/ucwZ6VZROi, Andy Bitter (@AndyBitterVT) March 24, 2021. Hell reel off a bunch of blocking jargon that none of us reporters could possibly understand but does it with such enthusiasm that you cant help but enjoy listening to it. TSL) is an independent publication that is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by . 18 player for the class of 2018 by ESPN, Slade was named the Virginia Gatorade Prep Football Player of the Year after rushing for 1,978 yards and 30 touchdowns. [Vincent] was gold in the strength and conditioning this quarter for champions. And he started instead of swimming getting into going to the gym and weigh training. Those players can do that because they have tons of schools pursuing them. Herbert, a 5-foot-9, 200-pound senior with instant eligibility, rushed for 1,735 yards and 14 touchdowns during his time at Kansas. The subsequent diagnosis may impact the Bulldogs' plans this fall and doubled as a cruel twist for Slade, who had only just returned from a broken femur in his left leg that forced him to miss . Error! Aubrey Solomon enters 2021 as a fifth-year senior still trying to live up to his recruiting ranking. Levenberry, and current Penn State offensive lineman Chasz Wright. 1 player regardless of position in the state of Virginia. Would I get the true VT home game experience, or are health and safety protocols going to make it such that I ought to wait another season? Ive run into quite a few people over the last couple of years that have claimed that (either for themselves or for their child) without having been officially diagnosed. A Woodbridge, Va., native, Slade could look at Virginia Tech or James Madison as potential landing spots. He replaced outgoing starter Clayton Thorson but disappointed in his first four starts at Northwestern. I recall speaking to him one year about the top 10 players in the state, as ranked by the 247Sports Composite, and him telling me that their evaluations probably identified four of those prospects as players they would pursue. Holloways offer list consists of Virginia Tech, Iowa State and a bunch of service academies, Ivy League or lower-division schools. no sympathy here. In two seasons in Happy Valley, Slade ran for 471 yards and eight touchdowns on 92 carries. 1 receiver in the class of 2018 has what it takes to be the top receiver in the SEC. All Hokie, All the Time. An excellent receiver, Blackshear rushed for 912 yards and six touchdowns. Ricky Slade : Hey Jimmy, you got my pager number? Anthony Grant, a late flip candidate in the 2018 class out of Georgia, ended up changing his. So take some caution in labeling anybody right now a make-or-break player for this class. Taylor played free safety for a lot of last year, and though he wasnt great, he at least has experience at it. Hylton High School graduate Ricky Slade announced Friday he will transfer to Old Dominion University. Some of that is players not fitting Virginia Techs system. But what we've got to do is make him an elite run blocker, not just a good run blocker. While it has become frustrating for coaches and fans, the transfer portal is here to stay and movement will happen at every school each year. Kendrick was projected by many to be a first-round draft pick and entered 2021 as Clemson's top cornerback in arguably the best defensive backfield in college football. He's a stud give him a shot before you write him off. The only thing that has slowed Cade Mays'ascent to the NFL was transferring from Georgia to Tennessee. Penn States season-opener was an indicator that Slade wouldnt get a high amount of touches in the offensive scheme and it served as a precursor to Slades eventual decision to transfer to Old Dominion. Georgia has its quarterback in JT Daniels, but will the starter re-emerge as a potential first-round draft pick? Now that I got that downer of an intro out of the way, lets get to this weeks mailbag questions. Historically holding over 98K, Built with Forward & Backward Compatibility. He seemed to be completely overwhelmed and lost on the field. The Athletic's Audrey Snyder confirmed the news Wednesday. He hasn't quite latched on as a consistent performer, though he was a starter last season for the Vols. The officers allegedly knocked on the door several times before one of Slades two guests opened the door. Pitch it to him on the outside, make him your screen guy, yes, put him at slot from time to time. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. According to the ZZ index these are the best NFL prospects at PSU. Matthew B. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. Aubrey Solomon enters 2021 as a fifth-year senior still trying to live up to his recruiting ranking. Mays left Georgia after starting in 11 of 14 games in 2019. If it aint come from him or me dont believe it. I see people pooh-pooh a commitment if its from a player thats not ranked, though sometimes that just means the recruiting sites havent all had time to evaluate those players. Dax Hollifield is a fun interview because you never quite know what direction hell lead you. A native of Woodbridge, Slade was the highest-rated recruit to come to ODU since the school revived the football program in 2009. Earlier this week, a report emerged suggesting a former five-star running back recruit knew where he would transfer to. Education/Experience. He was arrested in mid-March on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a handgun. You should expect the 2021 season to be Jamaree Salyer's breakout year in college football. Jack Tyler: Hed actually wait around in the hallway for a little bit for the room to clear before coming in and speaking to the media as the hammer to the interview session, which gave him a good 10-15 minutes at times to talk to us. Herbert is expected to play a major role in Techs offense in 2020. Simpy put, expect more big-time catches like his touchdown grab against Arkansas in 2020. Richard "Ricky" Slade Jr., 20, was accused of owning two bags of marijuana and a grinder found during the two officers' search of his Curry Hall dorm room on Feb. 27. Without access to world-class facilities, he exercised at home and even resorted to doing pull-ups on his mother's gutters. Ricky Slade : I don't know, I was kinda hoping you knew. 2023 NFL Draft Big Board. Now healthy with Tommy Togiai headed to the NFL, Vincent appears set to take over as a starter and potentially rise up draft boards. 2 quarterback, but with Kelly Bryant and then Trevor Lawrence on campus, he transferred to Northwestern in June 2018 to become a starter. Sometimes kids just lose passion for the game or never had the passion to begin with. Devyn Ford was like that in 2019, and the jurys still out on him with the Nittany Lions. Period. Former Penn State football player faces marijuana charges, Sarah Pellis & Lindsey Sauerhaft | The Daily Collegian, Old Dominion cancels football, fall sports for 2020 season, Four Penn State football players facing misdemeanor drug charges, University Park Airport evacuates 100 passengers after 'suspicious item' was found, Our reflection on spring semester 2023 so far | Been There, Done That. To get a better handle on the 5-star bluechips who have yet to land in the NFL Draft, I examined the 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes at 247Sports. Herbert was ranked ahead of a couple of former five-star running backs quite familiar to Virginia Tech fans in Ricky Slade and Jaelen Gill. He emerged in the final four games of the 2020 season as the starter, leading the Bulldogs to wins in each game to go along with 1,273 passing yards and 10 touchdowns against two interceptions. The decision to stop monitoring the mental health of a child sex offender confronted by "paedophile hunters" who later killed himself was . He came to USC in 2018 as the nation's No. You have permission to edit this article. And Tim Settle was always a jovial fellow in media settings. Now a Monarch, Slade joins an Old Dominion coaching staff that boasts eight former Penn Staters and some familiar faces on the offensive side of the ball with offensive coordinator Kirk Campbell and head coach Rahne, which should allow for Slade to fit into the offense seamlessly. Ricky Slade, 30, had chatted to members of a group called The Hunted One, posing as girls aged 10, 12 and 14. One of Bob Uecker's gags is that after warming up the pitcher, he was free to go fishing. He was kicked off the Cougars' football team for violating team rules in February 2020. Let us know what's going on! You must log in or register to reply here. He was like 175 pounds so he shouldve been redshirted first year. dslade@vt.edu. Potential landing spots for Gaoteote include Miami and Texas. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. (Photo: Tennessee Athletic Communications), (Photo: Calvin Mattheis, Knoxville News Sentinel), (Photo: Ricardo B. Brazziell, USA TODAY Sports), (Photo: Jay Biggerstaff, USA TODAY Sports). A former five-star recruit out of Virginia, the running back entered the transfer portal this past February after his second season in Happy Valley. In Law and Holloways cases, 247Sports site-specific rankings put them both as three-star prospects, even if they dont have a 247Sports Composite ranking yet. The nation's No. IF he is eligible this year, he will be in the mix with Tre Turner, James Mitchell and Tayvion Robinson for the ball in the passing game. Mays has played right guard and tackle, making him a valuable option for the Vols in the trenches this season. When Covid hit last year, everything obviously stopped and he didn't swim for 2 months. (Dave Knachel / Virginia Tech Athletics), who took an official visit to Virginia Tech this week, the name, image and likeness opportunities. Gov. And though he projected as a starter last year, its not like he had a long track record of success prior to that, instead searching for a way to get on the field and not finding much of a path during his first three years in the program. He might be relegated to life as a backup in 2021, too. At Youngstown State in 2019, Reed finished the season with 19 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks. 19 player in the CI 25 for 2018. Burrell barely sniffed the field at Ohio State and Urban Meyer told him to transfer elsewhere if he wanted playing time, and I think he transferred to Sam Houston State. Ricky Slade is an American football player from Woodbridge, Virginia who plays as a running back for the Penn State Nittany Lions football team. Slade was the 1 or 2 rated RB recruit depending on the service. Brock Hoffman doesnt sugarcoat anything, which we media appreciate most of all. Thoughts on the announced JumpStart program? Slade and Barstool sports PSU both have deleted the post. As a result, there are unique opportunities which Hokie student-athletes will become the beneficiaries of.. 10 Penn State defeated No. Talking to him was like talking to an assistant coach. When he got to high school, practice every morning at 5AM for 6 days a week. Error! I made up a stupid post in the Johnny Manziel thread to prove my point and sure enough he came right out after me - sooo funny and predictable. He and Daley played at the boundary safety spot this spring. Burrell should have committed to Penn State, but he became obsessed with the glitz and glamour of Ohio State. We saw flashes of Slade's skills, but he was simply out-worked at Penn State by other players. He decided to transfer to Old Dominion, but the program didn't play in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and he left the team in February. If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here. Slade was also the No. Johnson signed with Clemson as the nation's No. Injuries, COVID-19 and weight troubles have led to a lack of production from defensive end Xavier Thomas, the nation's third-best player in the class of 2018. 1 inside linebacker, but injuries slowed his progress and he was known to miss tackles during his first two seasons with the Trojans. Kevin Smith helped with the DL at Penn State and is now the Special Teams' Coordinator/LB's coach. You like players who have a little fun and open up. Its easy to see how teammates flocked to him. And it would ease some of the sting of not even being considered by the consensus top player in the state, offensive lineman Zach Rice out of Liberty Christian Academy. 3 safety in the class of 2018 and made an immediate impact for the Longhorns. We also utilized him somewhat poorly for his skill set I think, he was more of an outside runner, considering his size and skillset, and we just seemed to run inside with him. https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/vp-sp-odu-football-slade-20210203-lttycxiwn5drdlp7c6dn7rhcve-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true. Success! The Hokies even picked up a solid quarterback with two years of eligibility remaining in former four-star recruit, Braxton Burmeister. In a lot of situations, snagging that commitment before a players recruitment has the potential to blow up is a good route, particularly for a program like Virginia Tech that frequently gets big-timed when an SEC school or Clemson, Ohio State and Penn State enter the chat. After Jordan Stout made the decision to enter the transfer portal after two years at Virgini. Lets hope everyone continues to get them so theres no backsliding in the direction infection rates are heading. Landing a verbal commitment from Ricky Slade is a big one for James. The Hokies also added an impact defender in Youngstown State transfer Justus Reed. Ricky Slade, then with Penn State, looks to elude Rutgers defensive back Christian Izien on Nov. 30, 2019. If the Hokies dont land him, the talk will be more of the same Fuente couldnt even land a top-flight player from Virginia Techs own backyard. If youre trying to shift the narrative of your recruiting prowess, Givens seems like a good place to start. At the very least, even if Hunter is ready to assume a starting spot, hes a veteran to add to the mix at the safety spots, something that outside of Divine Deablo last year, the Hokies were lacking. 2018 Ricky Slade (No. Going through the highlights of the Penn State and State College news so you don't have to. Florida's Justin Shorter hauls in epic TD catch ? Former Nittany Lion running back Ricky Slade Jr., 20, was accused of owning the two bags of marijuana and the grinder found in the room, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Penn State police. Lingard faces just as steep of a hill in The Swamp. LaBryan Ray appears poised to finally have a breakout season in 2021. I think considering ODU canceled their season, covid hindered his ability to get on the field this year. The Draft Scout Database provides Many different Functions, Sorts, Exports & More for more than 25 Major Clients the past 15 Years. Can I color me that? Teammates tried to cheer him up..one sayinglook, over there you'll get to play every day! Slade, who was rated as the nation's No. STATE COLLEGE, PA - NOVEMBER 24: Ricky Slade #4 of the Penn State Nittany Lions rushes for a touchdown against the Maryland Terrapins during the third quarter at Beaver Stadium on November 24 . We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. He posted not too long ago that he has Asbergers. It may not display this or other websites correctly. A lot of guys are good speakers but are a bit too polished and wont say anything remotely interesting if it means being even the slightest bit controversial. Does nobody on three pages of messages think that Slade ate his way or lifted his way to the bench. The Buckeyes are the latest Football Bowl. If true, I guess the joke's on him in the end. Ding Ding Ding we have a winner - its your first guess. What does the future hold for Thomas? Gateote entered the transfer portal after yet another injury limited him to only two games last season. Hes 45 minutes up I-81 from Virginia Tech, at a school this staff has recruited an offensive lineman from before. Later, his mother was diagnosed with cancer and he stopped playing in late September 2019 as his personal life took precedence over football. A PSU social media site made comments during the live video, which resulted in Slade replying with I dont play football anymore and this PSU guy is upset because his team sucks and it was Fed up there (PSU) which is why I left. It was a bad look for Slade, to be honest with you. Sent every Thursday. As for an all-time list of guys Ive covered at Virginia Tech, heres a quick five in alphabetical order: Michael Brewer: I dont know if Ive covered a starting quarterback who seemed to do media sessions so willingly. Same with Silas Dzansi. A lot of the rankings you see are based off a players sophomore or freshman film. James Franklin decided to utilize a committee at running back in 2019, and the sophomore Slade just couldnt find a consistent role. Junior highlights of Hylton's (VA) 5-star running back Ricky Slade.Subscribe to the MaxPreps Channel HERE: http://t.maxpreps.com/2hXSt37Watch Entertaining Hi. 1) picked Penn State without giving Virginia Tech much thought, to my understanding. It would have been a bloodbath. He signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent. Let us know what's going on! Mark Dupuis is ODU's WR coach after spending a few years as a GA at Penn . TechSideline.Com Privacy Policy | Terms of Use. Running back Khalil Herbert, a transfer from Kansas, was ranked as the No. No one from the Penn State football program has yet confirmed the development. The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) includes 130 teams. Ralph Northam lifted capacity restrictions at the end of May, two weeks earlier than hed intended to. He's considered the nation's top all-purpose running back prospect next cycle, according to the 247Sports Composite. Zamir White had to recover from two surgeries to repair anterior cruciate ligaments before he ever played in a game for Georgia. 17 Iowa 17-12. The Hokies sound like theyre in good shape with Givens, who took an official visit to Virginia Tech this week. My guess for the three safety positions is this: Nickel/whip: Chamarri Conner, Nasir Peoples, NyQuee Hawkins, Free safety: Keonta Jenkins, Jalen Stroman, J.R. Walker, Boundary safety: Tae Daley OR Devin Taylor OR Devon Hunter. NCAAF NCAAB MLB NFL NBA NHL - Watch Stadium 24/7 . A redshirt sophomore at the time, Journey Brown took control of the crowded running back room and finished off the 2019 season with plenty of highlight reel worthy performances. Brenton Cox transferred from Georgia to Florida and emerged as the Gators' top pass rusher last season. Instead he started picking up other hobbies for things that he could never do before. Henry started in six of 12 games and had 3.5 sacks last season. That's just a long-standing fact in 247Sports Composite Ratings: a higher percentage of players rated as a 5-star prospect out of high school have landed in the NFL Draft than any other tier in the recruiting rankings. These are the 5-star prospects who didn't pan out or are still trying to find a path to the NFL. He is expected to be an immediate starter at defensive end opposite of, presumably, TyJuan Garbutt. 77 overall transfer in this cycle. Virginia Tech : West Virginia : Last Updated: December 20 . Reed is a part of new defensive coordinator Justin Hamiltons shift to bigger defensive ends and defensive linemen in general. No doubt, had a couple long ones a year with big holes it seems. Slade transferred to Old Dominion in 2020 but never played for the Monarchs. If you criticize any Coach, then its probably the poster Marshall. His 1st year was filled with fumble issues but he looked lean, quick, and fast..when he came back for year 2 he looked like an Umpa Lumpa. Lingard also lost playing time behind DeeJay Dallas and Cam'Ron Harris, and as the injury lingered through 2019 he did not carry the ball. Was that an official diagnosis or a self-diagnosis? Which stars have not lived up to the hype and which of the elite signees are just now finding their feet? His Twitter timeline is a presentation on someone being angry and battling some MH issues. Its a position of great need after last years transfers of Doug Nester and Bryan Hudson, who were expected to be long-term starters. But as a new crop of running backs arrived at the programs doorsteps, Slade just couldnt keep his seat at the table and decided to find an opportunity elsewhere. There are a lot of buzzwords and jargon about a space that is still developing in college sports, and theres no shortage of companies jockeying to fill that void, though Im not sure anybody knows exactly how all of it is going to work in practice. Penn State football players Lance Dixon, Daequan Hardy, Joseph Johnson III, and Terry Smith were charged with misdemeanors after Penn State po.