With a J.D. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Some of them include Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM radio, HD radio, HD Traffic, Genesis Connected Services Internet Access, USB ports, 15 high-efficiency speakers with Quantum Logic surround sound, and Clari-Fi music restoration, etc. The Genesis G70 is relatively affordable to maintain with an estimated annual maintenance cost of $550 to $600 depending on the labor rates in your area. If you are refueling a vehicle that has a high performance engine, such as most luxury vehicles and sports cars, you will most likely need premium fuel. On the road, our judges favored the "delicious snarl" of the 3.5T, despite its jolting stop-start system, over the underpowered and overworked 2.5T. It is very comfortable and drives smoothly. The base engine offers decent performance but the twin-turbo V6 is the real deal in terms of performance and also because it undercuts all the German rivals with similar engine options in terms of pricing. This can be taking it in for routine service and even using the right gas when you fuel up. We researched the Genesis G70 from a variety of sources so youll know for sure before you fill the tank for the first time. New 2023 Genesis G70, from Genesis of Northampton in Northampton, MA, 01060. If youve never studied the differences between all octane ratings, it can be easy to choose the wrong one for your vehicles engine. With four adults aboard, the drivetrain had similar reserves to overtake slower traffic, and high-revving acceleration up various onramps struck me as similar. Search GasBuddy for your area pricing. We can help you advertise its mpg. With a safety rating of 9.8/10 and a performance rating of 8.4/10, its easy to see why it is one of the industrys top choices in its class. Genesis has also done a great job in designing the G70's interior layout. It is also highlighted that part of its development for its initial debut in the Stinger saw it lapped around the famed Nrburgring in Germany over 480 times, giving it true performance credentials. This combustion forces the pistons to move, thereby forcing the engine parts to move. A sports sedan is meant to be a drivers car, and in the G70, its the driver whos going to be the most comfortable. Vehicles produce about half of the greenhouse gases from a typical U.S. household. . If you found this post on the Genesis G70 helpful, were sure youll enjoy reading the following automotive posts: What Happens If You Put Diesel In Your Gasoline Car? Right off the bat, the BMW 330i has a better engine and has quicker acceleration figures. Intercooled Turbo Premium Unleaded I-4. How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Car? MPG. Luxury vehicles also tend to depreciate more than standard ones because they have a high initial price that is somewhat inflated by the brand name. All that weight dials the G70s thunderous acceleration back to merely proficient. The cabin is upscale and fitted with upscalematerials everywhere. . This means that even used examples you may be looking at purchasing now will still have their engines covered under warranty should anything go wrong. The drawback for me is first that the seats behind the front row are really difficult to get into, but for us, we really have anybody else driving with us. The 3.3L twin-turbo engine runs at 365 horsepower, giving the driver plenty of momentum from this high-performance engine. We have enabled email notificationsyou will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. Journalists have clearly been impressed with the G70s reliability, too. How the Genesis G70 feels to drive from behind the wheel is another thing entirely. An eight-speed automatic is the only transmission it has ever been offered with. Most luxury cars, and sedans, in particular, tend to depreciate a lot since they are not as in-demand as SUVs. We can help you calculate and track your fuel economy. Higher octane ratings essentially mean it is less likely that fuel will combust at the wrong time. Most of which it has been capable of achieving except for the gas mileage. To avoid, The bumpy rides are fun at the amusement park, but not when youre driving. I drive it long and short distances and I have never had a problem with it. EPA Fuel Economy, combined/city/highway (mpg), EPA Fuel Economy Equivalent (for hybrid and electric vehicles), combined/city/highway (MPGe), Turning Diameter / Radius, curb to curb (feet), Turning Diameter / Radius, wall to wall (feet), Front Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness (inches), Rear Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness (inches), Maximum Trailer Weight, dead weight hitch (pounds), Maximum Tongue Weight, dead weight hitch (pounds), Maximum Trailer Weight, weight distributing hitch (pounds), Maximum Tongue Weight, weight distributing hitch (pounds), Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic -inc: paddle shifters, rev-match, shift-by-wire and intelligent drive mode (comfort, smart, eco, sport, sport+ and custom), Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls, 80-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection, Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher, Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake, Wheels: 19" x 8.0J Fr & 19" x 8.5J Rr Alloy, Tires: P225/40R19 Fr & P255/35R19 Rr All Season, Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo, Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert, Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert, Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim, Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator, Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers, Auto On/Off Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off, Radio: AM/FM/SiriusXM/HD Audio System -inc: 6 speakers, 5th generation navigation system w/10.25" touchscreen, dynamic voice recognition, connected routing, over the air updates, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Genesis connected services, Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio streaming system and 4 USB ports, Heated Multi-Adjustable Front Bucket Seats -inc: adjustable head restraints, 12-way power driver seat w/4-way power lumbar and 8-way power front passenger seat, 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat, Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Turbo/Supercharger Boost, Oil Temperature, Engine Hour Meter, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer, Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start, Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button, Remote Releases -Inc: Smart Trunk Proximity Cargo Access and Power Fuel, Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning, HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts, Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard, Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror, Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet, Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats, Carpet Floor Trim, Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim and Carpet Mat, Genesis Connected Services Tracker System, Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down, Manual Anti-Whiplash w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints, Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest, Highway Driving Assist (HDA) / Lane Follow Assist (LFA), Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA) Blind Spot, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (Car/Ped/CYC/Junction Turning) and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance-Assist (RCCA), Lane Following/Lane Keep Assist (LFA w.LKA) Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Following/Lane Keep Assist (LFA w.LKA) Lane Departure Warning, Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags, Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners, 10 Drivetrain Years / 100,000 Drivetrain Miles, 7 Corrosion Years / Unlimited Corrosion Miles, 5 Roadside Assistance Years / Unlimited Roadside Assistance Miles, 3 Maintenance Years / 36,000 Maintenance Miles, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. (Premium) Fuel Tank Capacity 15.8 gallons; Transmission 8-Speed Automatic w/ Shift-by-Wire & Paddle Shifters; Consumption 20 /28/ 23 city/highway/combined; but I think it shifts perfectly fine and crisp. I did just that in Cars.coms current long-term test car, the 2019 Genesis G70, schlepping three friends and light luggage from Chicagos southwest suburbs to St. Louis and back. It has all the features that are necessary for me and my family. Unofficial MPG Estimates Shared by Vehicle Owners : Owner MPG Estimates are not yet available for this vehicle. Both have standard all-wheel drive (AWD). The 2022 Genesis G70 gets a new design upgrade that most people will find attractive. And the rear seats fold fully flat, creating a huge cargo area. This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below. Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately! The sedan alsogets a 15.9-gallon fuel tank,which makes up for almost379miles of the combined range. But I feel everything in the road. It has all the right sports-sedan styling cues, with its swoopy roof, nicely-sized grille, smoked lights, and uncluttered rear end. The mpg is great for the regular person who drives from home to work every day. Vehicles produce about half of the greenhouse gases from a typical U.S. household. When you stop for fuel, you might wonder how you determine which fuel offering is premium. Your new vehicle is designed to obtain maximum performance with UNLEADED FUEL, as well as minimize exhaust emissions and spark plug fouling. The 2022 Genesis G70 is the entry-level offering in the sedanline-up of Genesis, with the prices starting at $37,775. The 2022 G70 sedan offers two engine options, the base being a 252 hp, 2.0-liter turbo-four motor while the other option is a 365 hp, 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 motor. 2020 Genesis G70 Gas Mileage . It gets good mileage, has ample cargo space, and can fit five, How To Enable And Use Launch Control On A Genesis G70. The GV80 2.5T is . The interior is built to last. As for the appointments, they range from good in the 2.5T to excellent in our 3.5T, as equipped, which definitely nips at the heels of the European luxury marques, not just "premium" brands. Bigger 10.25-inch touchscreen made standard. 4 cyl, Automatic (S8), Turbo, Premium Gasoline: 25: MPG: 22: 30: combined city/hwy city: hwy: 4.0 gal/100 mi . The Genesis G70 is a leader among smaller luxury sedans. The sides of the Genesis capture its essencewith a strong muscular line flowing through the doors. New 2023 Genesis G70, from Universal Genesis in Orlando, FL, 32837. Similar bejeweled touchpoints can be found throughout the GV80's stunning interior. All the trims are RWD as standard, however,AWD can be added by paying$2,000-$2,100 extra. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Just sayin. Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles. Assessment of my 2019 Genesis G70 2.0T Advanced. My car is only 8 months old, and I haven't had any problems with it nor has it needed any repairs. . The pricing starts at $37,775for the base Standard 2.0T trim and goesup to $54,500for the topmost Launch Edition 3.3T AWD trim. Regular gasoline has an octane rating of 87 to 90. The Genesis GV70 is our highest-rated compact luxury SUV of 2023 and a Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Award winner. In line with Cars.coms long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers dont accept gifts or free trips from automakers. Although I didnt conduct any measured acceleration tests with 89-octane-equivalent fuel, the G70 felt just as capable in highway acceleration for the return leg. I found it pretty useless. The Genesis G70 is relatively affordable to maintain with an estimated annual maintenance cost of $550 to $600 depending on the labor rates in your area. "Another detail, from previous Genesis sedans, are the silver beveled edges everywhere around the cupholders, window switches, and volume and tuning knobs.". The updated 2022 Genesis G70 presents its occupants with an even neater and more luxurious interior. The G70 has a basic 5 year/60,000 mile warranty and a 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Premium Gasoline: Not Available. You can support our mission by becoming a Sustaining Member. Also check out the G70s sibling, the Kia Stinger, the Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade for insight into the Genesis full-size SUV, or our Buick forum. The steering is perfectly weighted, and the response is crisp and taut. but I think it shifts perfectly fine and crisp. The warranty is usually void if you do not maintain the vehicle according to contract standards. Facts About Subaru, The Best Places to Buy Used Cars Online & Offline, Buying a Car Online From Carvana Pros, Cons & What You Need to Know. But even so, no facet of the GV80 felt unconsidered. I use premium fuel in my almost $70,000 SUV because it is recommended and I can afford it. Horsepower 300 @ 5,800 RPM (Premium) Torque 311 @ 1,650-4,000 RPM (Premium) Fuel Tank Capacity 17.43 gallons; Transmission 8 Speed automatic; Consumption 22/28/24 city/hwy/combined; Performance 300 @ 5,800 RPM (Premium) Premium grade gasoline will have an octane rating of 91 and higher. Allow me to provide some context: Our car has all-wheel drive and the top available engine, a turbocharged 3.3-liter V-6 with 365 horsepower and 376 pounds-feet of torque enough to get the 2-ton sedan to 60 mph in 5 seconds flat, according to Genesis internal testing. Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? 1984 to present Buyer's Guide to Fuel Efficient Cars and Trucks. My favorite feature is the head-up display, which shows current speed and speed limit. Below we've covered important fuel information for your Genesis, so you know the next time you head to the pump. When fuel and air are sucked into the cylinder, the fuel is compressed and then ignited by the spark plug. "Just look at that diamond-shaped pattern on the top of the map lights and on the door speaker grilles," Buyer's Guide director Zach Gale said. Highway MPG: 28. highway. In comparison,the AWD version of the same costs $2,100 more over the base MSRP. "I know features like the smart posture seat, which takes your height and inseam measurements to dial in the seating position, feel gimmicky, but luxury is about the little things in life that make you feel good, and man does that make me happy. And now its Korea showing us how its done. If you don't require much, you will be perfectly at . "This shows Genesis is serious about being a luxury automaker," senior features editor Jonny Lieberman said. 6 Best Oil Additives For Long Range Engines, When youre sitting in your car, the last thing you want to deal with is a slack headliner that can be a distraction. The G70 is a luxurious and upscale sedan that has everything to offer for a typical small-size luxury sedan car buyer. Of course, you want to make sure that you care for your Genesis G70 properly, and follow the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule listed in the owners manual. US News rated the Genesis G70 overall 8.4 out of 10, placing it among the top in the smaller luxury sedan class. 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Design driving experience! It comes only with AWD and the automatic, in Prestige trim at $56,000, or in my chart-topping $58,000 Sport tester. The Genesis G70's power, steering, and handling can match anything the Germans or Japanese can throw at it. The G70 has a 15.8-gallon tank, so my Missouri mishap meant 64 percent of the tank now had 87 octane. For a luxury vehicle, Genesis model maintenance is not as expensive as you might think. The Genesis G70 is expected to lose about 45% of its value over a 5 year period, which is pretty good for a sedan like the G70. ", MotorTrend en Espaol's Miguel Cortina was also a fan of the GV80's interior styling: "The cabin is chic and premium. The overall reliability rating for the G70 is 84 out of 100. I have adaptive suspension, lane keep assist, smart cruise, heads up display, apple carplay, Bluetooth, connected services, etc. I am really happy that I bought this car and will never buy another make again. Octane ratings tell you how hard it is for the gas to detonate-something that can damage your engine. Six-speed manual transmission discontinued. Defining a sports car can be a little tricky, especially if you rely on your insurance company for the definition. Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded; Torque: 376 lb.-ft. @ 1,300RPM; Transmission: 8 speed automatic; Variable valve control . Other sports cars in this sedan class include the Mercedes Benz C-Class, Kia Stinger and BMW 3 series. The biggest change coming to the 2022 Genesis G70 is the way it looks. Patrick has written for Drive Tribe Force GT, and Which Car, among other titles. The sleek exterior design matches what you imagine when someone mentions a sports car. Most owners mention it as inexpensive to maintain, luxuriously appointed, and fun to drive. On the downside, very tight seating in the back. city/highway. However, a six-speed manual transmission was also available on RWD versions up until 2021. ", Features editor Scott Evans identified the main issue: "Even in Comfort mode, it rides like other cars' Sport mode. The interior is built to last. Answers to frequently asked questions about octane. Sign up to be the first to receive updates on Genesis, new product releases, vehicle highlights, events and more. Introducing the redesigned 2022 Genesis G70. After all, the BMW 330i is still the king in the segment. It just begs to be tossed into a corner and then pulled back out again. Genesis still faces a branding hurdle in a segment where a logo with rings or stars can be very important to buyers, but all of those worked their way up from a starting point, too.