Plan Far, Far Ahead, Your Favorite Cruise Ship is For Sale? Out of curiosity, why didn't you contact your PVP to make the changes? Yes, when a Future Cruise Credit is issued there is an expiration date. LauraS So just call them and change it. Currently, cruise lines are giving between 100% and 200% of the booking value as credit. Minor Guest Policy Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. You would then be required to pay the deposit on your new cruise, and they will apply the future cruise credit to the balance on that cruise (you have to tell them to do that). "Given that our policies are so relaxed at this time, it is fairly easy to transfer a booking," a spokesperson for Crystal told Cruise Critic. A certain part of that is refundable by carnival in the form of a future credit (ES rate terms). I don't see why not, it sounds like they have to just cancel your first booking and rebook you on the other ship. Our original sail date was March 1,2010. You can check the status of your cruise on the canceled cruises page. "Outside of final payment, there is a change fee associated with moving to a new sail date," Royal Caribbean's Guest Relation team told Cruise Critic in an email. I also don't want to take a spot for someone else who is trying to get exemption, we just don't know if we take her and just enjoy the ship. Note: For full 100% penalties, the refund willonlyinclude: Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses and Optional Prepaid Gratuities*. From 14 days prior to sailing to the day of your cruise, the non-refundable component is 100%* of the total fare. . Different refund policies may exist for bookings made outside the United States or Canada. While cruise deposits historically were refundable, more cruise lines have begun to offer nonrefundable deposit options. You may transfer your cruise booking to Military Cruise Deals within 90 days of making the original booking as long as it is not past the final payment date. Choose Where to Use Your Cruise Deposit. . Here's Why You Shouldn't Panic, Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line Refund Policies, P&O Cruises Reveals Nicole Sherzinger as Godmother of New Ship Arvia, Carnival Miracle Set to Become Fourth Carnival Ship to Sail From Galveston, Life at Sea Cruises Opens Sales for World's First Three-Year Cruise, Oceania Reveals Giada de Laurentiis as Godmother of New Ship Vista. Cunard. Effective May 18, 2020, FCCs from either our 2020 Suspended Sailings or Peace of Mind FCC are transferable. But it will show up.Your new booking will hold, as your deposit is sufficient to hold it up to 75 days before your cruise. Our website is the easiest place to find your next dream cruise and book online using future cruise credits. See Carnival's Cancellation Policy. What Are Carnival's Early Saver Cruise Deals. CC Help Jenn I need to cancel my booking, is there a penalty? Opens in a new window. For guests in Suites or embarking on holiday or non-US sailings, see Disney's refund policy, *** Applies to guests in Non-Suites/Non-Concierge Staterooms on Cruises 10 Nights or More and on Cruises Less than 10 Nights where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. 10-14 Nights $150. At this point we have paid for airfare into Orlando (starting our trip there) and deposit for the cruise. Robert Giordano is facing a dilemma. Pre-purchased Wi-Fi and beverage packages are refunded in full to the method of payment used. I have a 7 day cruise booked for March. The total deposit amount will never exceed the cruise fare. It varies based on the length and, therefore, overall cost of the voyage booked. It was a cruise sailing in March and I did this in November. (100% would mean that you get the full amount as a voucher, 200% would meand that you get a voucher worth double what you paid). Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Cancel for any reason is an add on coverage when buying travel insurance. . I believe you would need to rebook within a year but I am not positive on that. We will be cruising in 2022 with our daughter who is 2. That's been the case with me on more than one occasion. It was no big deal to change it either. Opens in a new window. Reviews. For passengers who are booked on cruises cancelled involuntarily by the line, switching over to a new voyage penalty-free is still a possibility -- but affected cruisers would first have to take either the refund or FCC, then rebook their desired sailing, according to Royal Caribbean. 6-9 Nights $100. I booked an Ocean Suite for 3 people. Future Cruise Sales on Celebrity Solstice. We were constantly playing phone tag. To continue favoriting products, please remove some items from this list. With an annual fee of $95 (a modest cost compared to the $550 annual fee of the Sapphire Reserve), the Sapphire Preferred offers up to $10,000 in coverage per person and up to $20,000 of trip . Im planning to call Carnival today to find out what will happen if I drop my husband from my reservation for the Ocean Suite room. Olsen, P&O, Saga, Virgin and others all announcing special "Round UK" summer cruises from domestic UK homeports like Southampton and Portsmouth. When most people book a cruise, they typically choose not to pay for it in full, right then and there. I know the feeling. The expiration date will be listed on your certificate. The easiest way to do this (as I have done it a few times), is to seek out another ship/sail date you want (you may even find one that is less than what you paid already and then the $50/pp loss will not be so bad). In order to reserve a room onboard, cruise lines will accept a deposit, or portion of the full cruise fare to secure your place. We said to heck with him. Find a Cruise. Carnival's Fly2Fun airfare has its own set of cancellation dates. I'm @jdlasica on Twitter. Started August 27, 2021, By Bookings were added Successfully. She said that I will keep an Ocean Suite or better if they have to move me. All cancellations that occur prior to final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit, redeemable for US dollars bookings, in the amount of the deposit less a $50 per person service fee. I do not believe upgrades will transfer with it so you may be on a lower deck than. The non refundable part of ES would be covered by the travel insurance at the coverage percentage rate detailed in the Insurance plan. :). You can redeem any FCC by calling us! Those inside of final payment would be subject to standard cancellation penalties, as a booking transfer is considered a cancellation first. For more than 2 guests, or for guests staying in The Haven Suites, Suites, Garden Villas and guests on holiday sailings, see Norwegian's, Other sailings include All Holiday; Australia; New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia; Prinsendam Europe; South America and Antarctica sailings. Carnival's Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is credit that you can use for your next Carnival cruise. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. She said that there is a $125 + $49 deposit fee, but $75 of that would be put towards a credit for a future cruise within 24 months. Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Transfer Services, Pre/Post Cruise Vacation Packages and Air Supplements (excluding Restricted Air which is non-refundable any time after booking). DH and I have done this. Thank you. opt for the Shore Excursions offer for a $50 credit per stateroom for every port of call you visit on your cruise. champagne, and bottles of wine) Please contact us, toll free, at 1-866-214-7447 or email us . PVP is mia:rolleyes:, have only spoken to the main phone # peeps, was transferred & got both a nay & a yea:confused: Really don't want to get into refund to CC i used initially (especially since i paid it off & don't want to fuss with delay in getting check issued in lieu of credit), Can't remember if we booked using military or past guest if that matters in the equation, did get the upgrade that was being offered in the last sale of a lifetime;), if i do have to cancel & rebook later, any predictions on the aforementioned next big sale:D. I know you can transfer a deposit. If you paid early saver, you most likely will lose your deposit as Carnival doesn't allow changes with Early Saver. * $200 per adult or $400 per stateroom minimum **$300 per adult or $600 per stateroom minimum Children 17 and under sailing as the 3rd/4th guest in a stateroom do not require an additional deposit. Still debating if I just no a no show with her or call my PVP on this one. I had a similar issue awhile back. Should I get one? AND one more thing.The March 20 date cost more,so our price went up over all.But to me,my peace of mind was worth it. If I had someone else to take the spot of the friend who cancelled, I am sure there would have been no cost since I had not booked early saver. I did switch over to the early saver rate on the new cruise. Choice Fare: The deposit is non-refundable at any time after the booking is made. Opens in a new window. And Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer. Bookings with refundable deposits are often eligible for price adjustment -- before the final payment date -- as well as changing to a different sail date or ship without penalty. Except as otherwise provided in Carnival's Refund Policy, the deposit under Early Saver is non-refundable. Suites do not have the occupancy restrictions like the standard cabins do. A Viking River Cruises reservation can be transferred to our agency within 60 days of the initial booking date, as long as final payment has not been made yet. That thing about the other person's deposit does sound strange. Theres a cost for this option. For guests in Suites or embarking on holiday or non-US sailings, see Disney's, ** Applies to guests in Non-Suites/Non-Concierge Staterooms on 6 to 9 Night Cruises where embark or debark is a U.S. saraandnick, September 13, 2017 in Carnival Cruise Lines. "Make refundable deposits, because those allow you up to final payment to get all of your money back in . CC Help Jenn Opens in a new window. If you'd like to transfer your reservation to Costco Travel, please follow these steps: Contact Carnival Cruise Line directly to obtain a PIN number. No, Future Cruise Credits are non-transferable. What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date? She was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. However, they made me switch rooms because mine was for 4 people and we went down to 3. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By If your plans change and you need to postpone or cancel, you can cancel and get a full refund if you cancel at least 90 days out (see below for slight variations you'll notice Princess's refund policy is fairly strict sorry! 2) You would then go online make a NEW Carnival booking for the cruise you want and pay the new deposit requirement and get the FCC applied from the old booking to the new by using this form http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx, Your new confirmation will show the amount paid. Your Favorite Cruise Ship is For Sale? See MSC Cruises' Terms & Conditions. I wasn't about to pay the $150 change fee for the 3 of us, called main # & found a new one who (while hesitant to step on any toes) happily flipped the down payment & i saved $250 in the bargin via military rate! one would think that it would be a simple answer:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: . "Currently, we are providing guests with cruises booked through Jan. 31, 2022, who . Before Carnival's Guest Admin Department does the actual transfer, they will call the travel agency releasing the booking, speak to the owner or manager and verify that all the information in the letter is correct. Second: if we won't lose the deposit (minus $50) can we do the cancellation and transfer of deposit online or do we have to call carnival? Subject to any rights that you have under the Australian Consumer Law, the following fare types are subject to the following terms: Once your booking is within our cancellation period, the non-refundable amount will increase as the cruise departure approaches. How Soon Before Your Cruise Can You Cancel Due to COVID-19 and Omicron? Carnival Cruise . If you booked Early Saver (it sounds as though you did), you MIGHT find a sympathetic ear who will simply transfer your reservation for you, but don't count on it. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. 2) You would then go online make a NEW Carnival booking for the cruise you want and pay the new deposit requirement and get the FCC applied from the old booking to the new by using this form. Between days 55 and 30, you forfeit the larger of your deposit or 50 percent of the fare. She also recommended that I remove the vacation protection for my husband only.